FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EQ2] Monitor Setup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bronyaur

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:46 pm

Monitor Setup

I'm at wits end here.

I have 2 monitors. Monitor 1 is on my left and Monitor 2 is on my right. This is how I have them plugged into my computer, and this is how Windows sees them. ISBoxer has them reversed and I can not get my main window to show up on Monitor 1. It reverts to Monitor 2 along with the other game windows.

I've tried everything. Please help!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Re: Monitor Setup

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to your previous post, I promise you don't need to post multiple times about the same issue. I read every post on these forums ;)

I just signed up for ISBoxer last night and tried to set my monitors up for EQ2.

I have 2-23" monitors being driven by an ATI 5870 card.

My problem is: ISBoxer was fitting everything onto 1 monitor. I couldn't get it to use a main screen and a secondary screen. I tried to run the main screen in windowed mode and dragged it to my main monitor, but whenever I clicked on one of the other windows, my main window was moved back to the second screen.

I believe my problem may be the ATI Catalyst program and was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?

Here's some of the chat from the ISBoxer Chat Room today, here ya go
[18:00] <deis> doesn't seem to like my monitor setup to much, it loads the eq2 instances up on Monitor 1, then shrinks them to Monitor 2 like I want, but after they are done loading, it maximizes them on Monitor2, but I want them on Monitor1 when maximized
[18:01] <Lax> deis: turn off the maximize option in the game? and/or in your ISBoxer Character Set settings check the option to prevent the game from repositioning the window
[18:02] <deis> k will give it a shot
[18:07] <deis> I have EQ2 set to run Windowed, i don't see a maximize option in the game options
[18:07] <Lax> deis: ok
[18:07] <deis> I also tried telling ISBoxer to prevent the game from repositioning the window
[18:07] <Lax> deis: cl_maximized in the eq2-recent.ini
[18:08] <Lax> probably the character-specific ones ;)
[18:13] <deis> that fixed the monitor issue
[18:14] <deis> thankyou lax

So basically there's a setting in your eq2-recent.ini called cl_maximized, and if that's on ("1") then you may get this bug. I'll have to look into fixing it, I wont be able to get to it until next week
<<

Bronyaur

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:06 am

Thanks! I'll try that this evening.
<<

Bronyaur

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:40 pm

lax wrote:Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to your previous post, I promise you don't need to post multiple times about the same issue. I read every post on these forums ;)

I just signed up for ISBoxer last night and tried to set my monitors up for EQ2.

I have 2-23" monitors being driven by an ATI 5870 card.

My problem is: ISBoxer was fitting everything onto 1 monitor. I couldn't get it to use a main screen and a secondary screen. I tried to run the main screen in windowed mode and dragged it to my main monitor, but whenever I clicked on one of the other windows, my main window was moved back to the second screen.

I believe my problem may be the ATI Catalyst program and was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?

Here's some of the chat from the ISBoxer Chat Room today, here ya go
[18:00] <deis> doesn't seem to like my monitor setup to much, it loads the eq2 instances up on Monitor 1, then shrinks them to Monitor 2 like I want, but after they are done loading, it maximizes them on Monitor2, but I want them on Monitor1 when maximized
[18:01] <Lax> deis: turn off the maximize option in the game? and/or in your ISBoxer Character Set settings check the option to prevent the game from repositioning the window
[18:02] <deis> k will give it a shot
[18:07] <deis> I have EQ2 set to run Windowed, i don't see a maximize option in the game options
[18:07] <Lax> deis: ok
[18:07] <deis> I also tried telling ISBoxer to prevent the game from repositioning the window
[18:07] <Lax> deis: cl_maximized in the eq2-recent.ini
[18:08] <Lax> probably the character-specific ones ;)
[18:13] <deis> that fixed the monitor issue
[18:14] <deis> thankyou lax

So basically there's a setting in your eq2-recent.ini called cl_maximized, and if that's on ("1") then you may get this bug. I'll have to look into fixing it, I wont be able to get to it until next week

That fixed it Lax! Thanks much.

Return to Window Layouts