FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Have a simple idea, but I'm a newbie to layouts

Moderator: MiRai

<<

keynote

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:07 pm

Have a simple idea, but I'm a newbie to layouts

Good Evening, Everyone!

I'm a new ISBoxer user and am attempting to utilize VideoFX without getting the pixelated results. I'm attempting accomplish something similar to what MiRai was doing in the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ATj87XXd4

Unfortunately, he specifically states he will not cover the layout in this video! I feel like I am so close, but can't figure out how to accomplish it.

I'm attempting to control three characters. For this example I would be using a single display running 1920x1200 resolution. I would like the active character to be in a main region say 1920x900. I would like three preview windows in the bottom (640x300) that I can click on to change the main regions active focus. I would like to be able to put a VideoFX viewer for each of the other two classes cast bars in each of the character windows while maintaining the proper aspect ratio so the viewer does not look pixelated. Again, this is exactly what MiRai seems to be doing with the minimaps in his example.

Can anyone help me with this layout? I've tried a few things with a dxNothing character at the bottom, but just don't have the hang of it .

Thanks!
<<

keynote

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:33 pm

Re: Have a simple idea, but I'm a newbie to layouts

Alas, my cry for help may have come too soon.

I was able to create a dxNothing slot for the bottom strip of my monitor just fine. I then created three stacked regions in my main 'viewport' for each of the game characters. I then created three 640x300 VideoFX viewers in the dxNothing strip at the bottom for is1,2, and 3 respectively. Alt-Mouse1 seems to work just fine for window switching and my cast bar sources appear to have the proper resolution!

Return to Window Layouts