FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Character Switching Using VideoFX Viewers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Keldra

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Character Switching Using VideoFX Viewers

I'm posting here because I'm unsure exactly where this question best fits.

I'm trying to build out a fairly complex multi-box system w/ two computers running (4 screens, 1 screen). It is mostly working, but I'm having an issue with screen switching w/ all the screens are stacked (instead of actually using the switcher, since I need video fx functionality).

The setup:
I have 11 accounts running total, 9 on the main computer and 2 on a second computer. 8 of the characters on the main computer are stacked on monitor 1 along with a dxnothing window. The 9th character is on monitor 2 (center) also stacked with a dxnothing window. The final monitor has a TightVNC viewer running so I get an image of the second computer's screen. All that is running well w/ key/mouse broadcasts working correctly on both computers (though I have not quite figured out repeater regions yet).

My issue is with the dxnothing window on monitor 1 (w/ the 8 characters). It has video fx viewers showing scaled down versions of each character. I'd like to be able to click these scaled down viewers to bring the corresponding character to the front of the stack. I have hotkeys setup for each character slot (ctl+alt+[#1-#8]) but I'm not sure how to make a click in the scaled down viewer send the correct hotkey. I can't do so by doing key modifiers (ctl, alt, etc.) at the character level since I need those modifiers for the game (EVE Online).

Thanks for any help! I'm happy to provide additional information or go look at links if you have previously posted a solution.

Cheers.
<<

Keldra

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: Character Switching Using VideoFX Viewers

Nevermind, figured out my own answer. The key was the "Enable Video FX Focus Hotkey" which allows for Alt + Mouse Click to switch to that screen.
<<

Bloodcloud

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:11 am

Re: Character Switching Using VideoFX Viewers

thanks for posting anyway, it might just what i was looking for.

Return to Window Layouts