FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Shifting the layout to new monitors after adding a monitor

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Throg123

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Shifting the layout to new monitors after adding a monitor

Good evening,

I started off with a two monitor setup and managed to get everything working the way I wanted. The primary monitor has a stack of accounts running, with the secondary monitor running dxNothing with VideoFX feeds.

I then went ahead and added a third monitor to the mix. :) The layout still works fine. I was wondering though how I might go about shifting everything to a different monitor. For example:

Old setup

Primary running stacked windows
Secondary running dxNothing

New Setup

Primary monitor - Running nothing at all.
Secondary monitor running stacked windows.
Tertiary monitor running dxNothing.

Essentially I want to shift everything over by one monitor. Is there a way of doing this without re-running the wizard and such?

Throg123
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Re: Shifting the layout to new monitors after adding a monitor

Unfortunately, at the moment you can't just add a monitor to an existing layout. You will probably have to re-configure the layout again now that you've got a new monitor, but what you can try is re-running the Window Layout Wizard and then selecting the existing layout you're using (it'll be listed at the top of the drop-down menu) to see if that will carry over and show your 3 monitors. From there, you can just manually drag your regions around until you have what you want, again, assuming it carries over correctly.
<<

Throg123

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 am

Thank you for the reply. I will try that tonight after work.

I have a follow up question and it involves the VideoFX feeds currently setup. Going through the Windows Layout Wizard, will that force me to redo the VideoFX Feeds as well? Or maybe the real question I have...is there a way to take the existing feeds and apply them to a new Windows layout?

Throg123
<<

Throg123

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Good evening,

I ended up creating a new Windows Layout using the Wizard. I then shifted the regions to the desired monitors. Saved, exported and life is good. The VideoFX feeds carried over as well.

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it!

Throg123

Return to Window Layouts