FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

switch between window layouts without restart game clients?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

citlal

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:47 pm

switch between window layouts without restart game clients?

as the title says, it is it possible to switch between window layout without relaunching the clients through innerspace?

I have two monitors, but what I would really like is to switch between my one main monitor with tiled second monitor layout to a stacked single monitor layout without relaunching the games, this gives me the ability to temporarily open up a web page on the second monitor without the fuss of closing and reloading d3.

I could even settle for being able to minimize all the windows on the second screen, I understand isboxer probably wouldnt function correctly with the extra windows minimized but when I am wanting a web page up on my second monitor its just so I can look up some info and compare it to things on just my main fullscreen/character monitor.

Hope that all made sense, and thanks for any help :)
<<

citlal

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:56 am

Re: switch between window layouts without restart game clients?

Anyone know if its possible to switch from a stacked fullscreen layout to a multi monitor layout?

right now when I want to do that I fully exit the game and relogin to all my characters under the stacked layout. then after im done IDing and selling items, I close the game again and reload my multi monitor layout.

For me it would be EXTREMELY useful to be able to switch between a multi monitor layout and a stacked fullscreen layout without logging out or closing the game.

Even if it requires me to do something more advanced or edit a file I am ok with that. I would just really like to know if this is even possible with the current state of the software, if not then I will keep doing what Ive been doing.

Thank you so much for any responses.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Drag a different Window Layout to your Character Set in the ISBoxer interface, then Export to Inner Space.
<<

citlal

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:14 pm

oh i hadnt even thought of that.... change my configuration using the toolkit then export over it, then just re-export to restore it afterwards.

Cool thanks, This is what I will do then cause thats a lot better than having to log out and back in. If you think of anyway to swap between window layouts with a keypress that would be even cooler, but the method you suggest will definitely be better than what im doing now.
<<

Rattenmann

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:34 am

Is there an Option to do this via a keymap?

Would be nice to play with stacked Windows and by hitting a Key the layout would switch to something else, like a split screen.
For those instances you want to actually see your other toons to compare something or whatever.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:13 am

Rattenmann wrote:Is there an Option to do this via a keymap?

Would be nice to play with stacked Windows and by hitting a Key the layout would switch to something else, like a split screen.
For those instances you want to actually see your other toons to compare something or whatever.

Yes.

You can use Window Style Actions to change the active/inactive window settings/placements on a per-client basis, and move them between active/inactive with Window State Actions. There's no "ez-mode" way to do this but if you want to set it up, yes it is definitely possible :)
<<

Rattenmann

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Ok, i saw that and was under the impression those keymaps change what window is active only, and not the layout itself... ill go and check it out more then, thanks :)

Return to Window Layouts