FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multi-monitor set up problem.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dirtyblacksocks

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Multi-monitor set up problem.

EDIT: I GOT THIS TO WORK OUT PROPERLY - BUT REALIZED WHAT I'M LOOKING TO DO IS EXPLAINED POORLY. RATHER THAN HAVING THE MONITORS SWAP WHEN I CLICK ON THE SMALLER MONITOR'S SCREEN, I WOULD LIKE THE WINDOWS TO REMAIN WHERE THEY ARE ON THEIR RESPECTIVE SCREENS, BUT HAVE THE ABILITY TO SWAP BY USING A SPECIFIC KEYBIND.

HOW DO I GO ABOUT NOT ALLOWING AUTO SWAP, MAINTAINING ASPECT RATIO, AND HAVING THE ABILITY TO SWAP WINDOWS USING A KEYBIND I CHOOSE? I CANNOT FIND THIS INFORMATION IN THE BASIC GUIDES.

THANK YOU.

Hi guys,

So basically I have two monitors, one is a 24 inch wide screen and the other is a standard 15 inch screen.

What I would like to do is set up the 24 inch wide screen as my primary display, with the 15 inch screen displaying my secondary character. I want to maintain aspect ratio and enable swapping between the two - so that I can go to my second screen and bring it into the larger primary screen if necessary, while also being able to enable mapping and turn in quests with both toons at the same time (without having to swap between each screen and do it twice).

The problem I'm running into, is that no matter what I do ISBoxer wants to set the smaller screen as the primary screen and displays a poor aspect ratio on the larger screen.

When I attempt to switch which screen is primary through Use Monitors menu, it simply ignores the smaller monitor altogether and brings both windows into the larger monitor.

What am I missing here? Why can't I get something that should be so simple to work out?

TL:DR
Swapping with maintained aspect ratio will only work if smaller screen is set as the primary, setting larger screen to primary disables any WoW windows from appearing on the second smaller monitor altogether.

This is driving me nuts, and I'm afraid if I can't figure it out I'll have to ask for a refund on this program (I bought a two year subscription figuring this would be an easy accomplishment.)

Thanks in advance for any help.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Multi-monitor set up problem.

Just use a Window Layout with Swapping enabled that gives you your windows on the right monitors. Then Per-window Hotkeys combined with Focus Follows Mouse may be what you are looking for.

Return to Window Layouts