FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Eve Online Cursers not matching

Moderator: MiRai

<<

manfrom

Post Sun May 30, 2010 2:32 am

Eve Online Cursers not matching

I have wasted an entire Sunday with this crap and am very frustrated.

I just want to create a MAIN region, and 1 side region. And all I would like to work is the damn curser to match in both windows!!

I have kept the same aspect ratio. I have tried so many combinations my head is about to explde. Someone please help. I beg of u!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 30, 2010 10:49 am

Re: Eve Online Cursers not matching

This guy asked for and received a refund but I'm going to respond anyway for whoever else.

It sounds like by "cursors not matching in both windows" he may mean with Mouse Repeat (broadcasting). For mouse broadcasting, the windows need to be the same resolution, or there is no possible way for them to match up. If you have 2 monitors of different sizes, and are playing 2 windows, and you want mouse broadcasting to work properly, you either need to leave Swap + Instant Swap enabled in your Window Layout, OR set "Desired Rendering Size". Either of these will force the windows to be in the same resolution. The game display (at that resolution) will be scaled to fit the window (at the region size selected in ISBoxer), so if the resolution is not the same as the region size, it WILL appear shrunk or stretched.

If you have Instant Swap disabled, and do not have Desired Rendering Size set, the resolution will match the size of the current region the window is in. If you turn on mouse broadcasting like that, the broadcasted cursor will only be available in the upper left corner of the windows -- the size of the smaller window. In other words, it will be as if you moved both windows to the same position on the screen and the mouse operated on all windows exactly where you see the cursor. If it's not over a particular window (the smaller one) it's just not going to do anything at all in that window.

So if you have 2 monitors in different resolutions, and you want to play 2 characters, you have 2 choices as far as mouse broadcasting:
1. Have no mouse broadcasting (or at least have it not work 100% as desired), but the windows look 100% normal
2. Have perfect mouse broadcasting, but one of the windows looks shrunk or stretched
<<

kenphillips

Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Hope this thread isn't closed...

Hello again,

I finally got 3 accounts running on my antiquated hardware and I'm seeing how slow it can be to manually lock and fire on targets while keeping everyone alive. I've tried mouse broadcasting and have been having issues with lag (may be the hardware) but also problems where the mouse pointers are not lining up properly across regions. I'm running across 2 monitors http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=819 (this has my setup details). In a nutshell, Monitor 1 is 1680x1050 with main region of 1280x1024 and 2 additional regions of 400x350. Monitor 2 is 1280x1024 with a 4th region also 1280x1024. 2 clients run on Monitor one with swapping between themselves and Monitor 2 runs the other client but does not swap over to monitor 1 (hence the 4 regions). Swap and Instant Swap are enabled.

EVE is setup for 1280x1024 resolution across all clients. However, I've noticed that for the clients that are slaves (occupying regions 2-4), the EVE resolution changes after I start my character set. I'm unsure if EVE is doing this or IS. Any ideas or more useful info I can additionally post to help solve?

Edit: In case it was an IS region aspect ratio issue, I changed the smaller regions to 400x320, which makes all my resolutions 5:4 aspect ratio. I'm still seeing a change tho from my selected EVE client resolution after launching my character set. I also noticed the mouse lag workaround and will implement that tomorrow.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:26 am

Since the last EVE patch, EVE now has 3 different options for Windowed Mode. Make sure all of your windows are using the same one.

Currently I recommend using the game's Fullscreen option, as the Windowed Mode options have an issue with mouse broadcasting at the moment. ISBoxer will force the game into a window either way, and using Full screen works around the mouse broadcasting issue.
<<

kenphillips

Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Yeah, I just noticed the 'sticky' regarding the mouse lag work-around and gave it a quick try last night. Suffice to say I was quite impressed with the results! I have a sneaking suspicion that my problem with the ever-changing game resolutions on my slaves may be due to EVE's new ability to re-size client windows on-the-fly.

Edit: Prior to using the Fullscreen workaround, all my clients were set to 'Windowed mode'. Just checked with all clients now set to 'Fullscreen mode', all resolutions within the game are staying at the 1280x1024 size.

Return to Window Layouts