FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keymap for Pyroblast not working correctly

Moderator: MiRai

<<

scotv453

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Keymap for Pyroblast not working correctly

Pyroblast is a fire mage spell from wow. It can either be instant cast if a proc happens, or it is a cast spell. Now I use a basic assist current target then press the designated key. In this case it is mouse button 4.

Keep in mind I want pyroblast to cast no matter what on both toons at the same time. Even if one is instant and the other is not. If there is way to say hey one side proc'd just use that side and not the other because of the long cast time would be great, but I think that is more of a wow thing i guess.

Anyways, Now everything is fine on the active window. It will work on proc and on cast. But when I want to either cast or proc for the slave it will not work. It won't work on new targets or targets I am already attacking. I will try to write exactly how the keymap is in toolkit.

Pyroblast Hotkey: Mouse4
Hold any Keystroke........ Default off
Execute a Step when the...... released Default
Advanced
All default
Steps (1)
Actions(1) Window:All w/o Current
Key Map: General
Mapped Key: FTL Assist Me
Action(2) Target: Window: All w/current
Mouse4
<<

naPS

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Keymap for Pyroblast not working correctly

I think your problem is the Mouse4 being assigned to cast Pyroblast. Do you have the Mouse4 button mapped to Pyroblast in both your clients?

What I typically do is take the Mouse4 button as the hotkey, and have the step actually send something else to my client - typically 1 - 0, or some other button in-game that I've mapped a keystroke to. For example, I currently have Mouse4 send an Alt-1 through the steps, and I have Alt-1 bound to a bartender 4 button on which I've placed the Pyroblast spell.
<<

scotv453

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:59 pm

I do have it mapped to mouse 4. It will work if I make that window active no problem. Just wont work when it is not active. I will try your step though. I use bartender two so I got a lot of keybindings to play with.

Edited for results: Ok I changed in steps the buttons alt+1. But now when I press mouse4 nothing happens. But if I press alt+1 then it works. Yes I do have key maps turned on ingame.

Edited again: Now this is very frustrating. I have 4 buttons I use on my mouse for my most important spells. And none of them work. Is there some setting that makes mouse buttons not work for key mappings? How can I change this.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Show us your ISBoxer config, there's a sticky at the top of all of the forums that says "How to share your configuration" with instructions
<<

scotv453

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Sorry it took to long...baby agro. Anways, here it is: http://www.privatepaste.com/aded9d71d5
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:11 am

Okay. So the reason it doesn't work is because your "FTL DPS Keys - Fire Mage" Key Map is not assigned to your Character Set. Assign it to your Character Set, and it will begin to work. Since you're adding a new Key Map, you will also need to adjust the Mapped Key that toggles Key Maps. See this post for info on that (and I mean it, read the post): http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2896#p2896

Now... about using Mouse buttons for hotkeys. What naPS said applies to your Ice Lance mapped key as well. The problem with using Mouse4 as a key that gets sent to the GAME is that it will ONLY work if the mouse, in that window, is NOT over an in-game UI panel. If it IS over an in-game UI panel, the button will be eaten by the UI instead of activating your spell (Ice Lance, Pyroblast, or otherwise). This is why it is recommended that you send an actual keyboard combo rather than a mouse button to the game. You can still use Mouse4 as a Hotkey for ISBoxer to activate your Mapped Key.
<<

scotv453

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks for pointing that out. I will look at that link too in a bit. It is a pain restarting the game if I change spec.

Return to Key Maps