Moderator: MiRai

<<

theukmoog

Post Sat May 07, 2011 11:32 am

Having some problems with some keymaps

I'm 5-boxing WoW (EU).
IS is currently on 1.11 Build 5435.

My profile... http://www.privatepaste.com/17bc7e0b27

I hit a problem last week with my Warlock team where my Summon Infernal keymap (WARLOCKS keymap - F6/F7/F8/F9) and Rain of Fire keymap (WARLOCKS - 7) started going very screwy.
However, earlier in that day I had messed up a lot of keymaps by doing some renames in the General and Control section where the renames weren't populated down through the keymaps using them... so... assuming I'd cocked up, I bit the bullet and did a File, Clear and started again.

However, I started hitting the same sort of issue with another team yesterday.

In the MIXED TEAM keymap, I have F9 to summon the Warlock's Infernal and it has started acting up.

My "F9 - Yulfric Summon Infernal" keymap is supposed to send F9 to all (the other 4 clients do nothing with F9) and then send the Next Click to all other clients.
When I first set it up, it worked fine... press F9, see the green circle on Yulfric (the Warlock in slot 5) and my next click would pass through and start the spell.
Right now, I'm playing this team and driving with Moog, the tank, in slot 1. If I press F9, I don't see the green circle and only get a moving mouse cursor in slot 2.

In an effort to debug the problem, I've just placed a "/p <CHARNAME> F9" macro into each slot, bound to F9, to see who is getting the key and the result is that each client appears to be getting F9, twice, as you can see...

I imagine that's why I don't see the green summoning circle - first F9 kicks it off, second F9 cancels it.

It was definitely working fine when I (re)wrote the profile last week and I've been using it for a number of days before it has started to go wrong.
It now goes wrong whilst driving from any of the 5 clients.
Interestingly, though, if I change the hotkey on the F9 keymap and Export to IS, it will work again, for a bit.

There is a similar problem with the "F12 - CC Go" keymap.
I set up my CC targets (only sheep configured atm, using the F6 keymap to set the sheep target).
I would press F12 to kick off the sheep and it would start to cast and then immediately stop.
I'm guessing this is the same issue as above - if the key is being sent twice, it would start and then stop the Polymorph as the Poly macro starts with a /stopcasting.
I made it through the dungeon I was in by changing the hotkey and re-exporting before every group which needed a sheep, as within in a few minutes it would have stopped working (ie. sending double keys, I guess).
That's why, in the current profile, my "F12 - CC Go" keymap is on F11 hotkey - I was swapping between F11 and F12 whenever it stopped working to be able to sheep the target.

The only other thing that springs to mind is that these keymaps were originally targetted, ie. the F6 would only be sent to Slot 2 and the F9 was only sent to Slot 5 (although the F12 was always sent to all).
When things started playing up, the first thing I did was edit those keymaps back to sending to all clients, in case that was the issue.

Hope the explanation is coherent enough for you.
Happy to do whatever is needed to help track down the issue.
RIFT - 5-boxing | EVE - 0-boxing... CCP go DIAF!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 07, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Having some problems with some keymaps

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2896#p2896 - bottom paragraph in my post applies here :)
<<

theukmoog

Post Sat May 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Re: Having some problems with some keymaps

Talk about a fast response for a Saturday afternoon :)

That was, indeed, the issue - I've just whitelisted my key maps for each team and it's all hunky-dory again - I've just run a dungeon with sheep galore and no issues :)

I had added my own keymaps to the "Activate Maps" toggle but hadn't realised the second step was required - I guess that's why my sheeping etc worked until I toggled the maps off to have a chat with someone and then, by toggling them back on, the other keymaps were loaded, too, leading to the duplicate hotkey definitions and, thus, multiple keypresses.

Great technical support for a (stupid) user error - many thanks!
RIFT - 5-boxing | EVE - 0-boxing... CCP go DIAF!

Return to Key Maps