FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vanguard Saga of Heroes problems

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gresteh

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:59 am

Vanguard Saga of Heroes problems

I’ve been trying to use ISBoxer with Vanguard Saga of Heroes, I’ve been following guides but I can’t make it work…

When I launch the character set only the first character will be launched and the game is not being affected by ISBoxer or inner space, in fact the problem seems the be there, it launches the launcher but once I press “play” inner space doesn’t seem to notice that I’ve entered the game and I can’t access any inner space or ISBoxer features.

I tried pointing to vgclient.exe directly and inner space worked but the game cannot be started like this (it needs to go through the patcher)

There are no crashes or problems other than the game not being affected by ISBoxer at all.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Vanguard Saga of Heroes problems

How are you launching the game exactly? Do you see an overlay of information in the upper left corner?
<<

Gresteh

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:58 pm

I see nothing, just the regular game.

When I added the game I selected the launchpad as the game executable, then used the quick setup wizard to create character set. I launch the game by right clicking in the inner space icon in the system tray and selecting my character set... It launches the first instance of the patcher, I press play and the game launches as usual, without any ISBoxer overlays. After 3 minutes the console says that I has failed to load all characters.

If I select vgclient.exe as the executable I see the overlay but I can't play because the game needs to be launched trough the patcher.

I've never used ISBoxer before, so I’m a newbie with multiboxing but I followed the guides and I can’t see why it’s not working.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Are you certain the launcher wasn't already running?

I'm looking into it (and locating another Vanguard player) but don't currently have Vanguard installed so I can't promise anything immediately ;)
<<

Gresteh

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Nope, Vanguard launcher was not running.

I've tried restarting the computer, reinstalling ISBoxer, clearing ISBoxer data... but nothing, it just launches the first launcher and that's all, after 3 minutes it fails to launch the rest and the patcher that was launcher is not affected by isboxer.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Okay.

Only other thing I would suggest at the moment, until I can look at it, is to try the development build of Inner Space. Right click IS in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

Gresteh

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:51 pm

No difference, it still does the same.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:01 pm

(see next post)
Last edited by Alge on Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:41 pm

I can confirm that launching a Character Set with ISBoxer for Vanguard works with both the dev build (5923) and the live build (5899) of Inner Space.

The process I followed is:
1) Right click Inner Space in the System Tray: ISBoxer Character Sets, (Name of Character Set)
2) A Vanguard launcher appears, log in to the correct account for Slot 1 (or choose it from the saved list), wait for any patching, click "Play"
3) The game loads to the Character Select screen and ISBoxer positions the window where it is supposed to go in the Window Layout.
4) Once the game has fully loaded to Character Select, a new launcher appears. Switch to the new launcher (if not already active and select the next Slot's account or log in if account details have not been saved). Click "Play".
5) Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until Character Set fully loaded.

If that is the process you are following and it is not working for you then there may be something running on your PC interfering with Inner Space/ISBoxer. Get us some Diagnostics from a running copy of Vanguard for further troubleshooting.
<<

Gresteh

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:22 pm

That's the process i'm following. Steps 1 and 2 work as intended but not after that, i press play and the game works as usual, the window is not positioned and no other launcher appears.

http://privatepaste.com/684ff53c42

I'm using a fresh install of windows 8.1, i was using 8.1 prerelease and i upgraded to 8.1 so it's pretty much a clean install, i've installed some basic stuff such as drivers, alienware stuff(to control my computer's lights), Logitech control software and a couple extra things such as office and Steam(i'm using a standalone Vanguard copy, i'm not using steam for vanguard)
Next

Return to Other