FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Perpetuum Online, fps issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

stverhae

Post Tue May 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Perpetuum Online, fps issues

Hello IS community,

Someone told me about isboxer and I was pretty exited using it for the sandbox MMO Perpetuum Online, a sort of eve clone with mech and way cooler pvp.

I went trough the quickstart and launched my game, which went fine, but after the login (when you get to char selection screen) my framerate drops to near zero, and when I actually continue to the real game my memory usage just explodes. I've been trying tinkering with the settings but the exact same result every time.

I'm not trying to do anything special, simply launch the game.

I'm on windows 7 64 bit with an ATI gpu.

The game is supposed to be supported and peopel ahve got it to work, so any help/ideas would be much appreciated.
Last edited by stverhae on Thu May 10, 2012 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Sunrunner

Post Tue May 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Perpetuum Online, fps issues

stverhae wrote:Hello IS community,

Someone told me about isboxer and I was pretty exited using it for the sandbox MMO Perpetuum Online, a sort of eve clone with mech and way cooler pvp.

I went trough the quickstart and launched my game, which went fine, but after the login (when you get to char selection screen) my framerate drops to near zero, and when I actually continue to the real game my memory usage just explodes. I've been trying tinkering with the settings but the exact same result every time.

I'm not trying to do anything special, simply launch the game.

I'm on windows 7 64 bit with an ATI gpu.

The game is supposed to be supported and people have got it to work, so any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

(takes a shot in the dark) Are you using an in-game overlay from something like Mumble or Steam? If so, you'll want to disable it.
<<

stverhae

Post Tue May 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks for the fast reply : )

I'm not using any overlays though.
Could there maybe be an issue wrt the operating system I'm using? I saw some 1 year old posts by someone saying it ran fine on vista and not on his win7 pc.
However other people reported its working on win7, so if there are any config tweaks I can still try, let me know, its my first time using isboxer so I'm not an expert on the config.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 am

I'd begin here: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate. V Sync or other running software are possibilities.

However, there is a good chance the issue is elsewhere and Lax needs to look at it. My money is on something else on your PC interfering with ISBoxer, in which case the output from Help, Diagnostics for Game Crashes linked here would be helpful.
<<

Niimus

Post Thu May 10, 2012 6:37 am

I downloaded Perpetuum - created an agent and can confirn the FPS drops to nothing - 0.67 - that is just starting the game from InnerSpace - without an ISBoxer configuration.

Intel i7 970 - 6 core processor
8 GB ram
128GB SSD drive
NVidea GTX590 Graphics card

This was a new Win 7 64bit install 2 days ago
Additional software installed:
All win 7 updates
Nvidia Drivers
Logitec G-19 and G-13 drivers
FireFox
Innerspace and ISBoxer
Several desktop gadgets
No other software installed.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu May 10, 2012 9:08 am

Some additional info that was mentioned in IRC but has not been mentioned here by the OP: when he/she let the game chug for 10 minutes or so (no idea how accurate the time is) things seemed to improve but memory usage by the client was about 1.1 GB (about double normal).
<<

stverhae

Post Thu May 10, 2012 9:19 am

Indeed Alge, There were two points where the game was reduced to 0.1 fps, at some point during the login procedure, and when deploying into the game for the first time (when full 3d environment is loaded). Both these moments are also noticable on normal (no IS) client startup as 1 second where the game start responding (which is 10 minutes with IS boxer). These are both moments where resources are loaded.

After letting it run for a long time the game recovered and ran at great speeds but with 1.1GB memory usage, which seems very undesirable when multiboxing. I let the game runnign for a logn time and notices two more times that it completely froze up, one was caused by someone leaving a terminal next to me with an accompanying particle effect.

I finalyy was able to restart my pc (its my development machine) but this made no difference. I could try running it in vista on a virtual machine to see if that makes a difference (as was previously reported by someone on the forum a long time ago.)

If anyone has a working windows 7 config, please let us know.

(I'll try to provide some more diagnostic info later)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 10, 2012 10:42 am

Inner Space build 5611 should correct this issue. As of now this is the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click Inner Space, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

1.1gb of memory usage is normal for Perpetuum, I just installed it and ran it both with and without Inner Space and it's the same either way.
<<

stverhae

Post Thu May 10, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks Lax! This works perfectly now!

And for me 1.1gb of perpetuum memory is not normal, its back down to the usual 300mb+ with the development patch.

Now I can finally start testing the things I wanted, hopefully in time before my trial expires. If I can get the game in game widgets to work (to geta part of the window of an alt in my main window) I will definitely be purchasing a subscription.

Thanks everyone for the help and fast replies!

Return to Other