FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hunter Pet Attack Macro (No Target)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rfarris

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:37 pm

Hunter Pet Attack Macro (No Target)

How would I write a macro (I'm assuming it would be an ISBoxer macro) so that when I get my master hunter pet to charge the current target, I can get the slave hunter pets to attack the same target the master hunter is attacking.

I think the problem is that the slaves don't have a target yet when I try to /petattack. If I use a regular hunter ability then the pets assist and attack as usual, but I'd like the pets to attack before the hunters attack.

I know this sounds like it should be a simple assist thing, but I can't get it to work. I have a 5-hunter team and I'd like to be able to sic the pets on a target and get agro before I cut loose with my main abilities. It should be a simple /petattack on a 1 - = button that are setup by the pro wizard, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Any help?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Re: Hunter Pet Attack Macro (No Target)

You could make a hot key, for pet attack.

Have it execute a step on both Press and Release.
The Press (Step 1), would be to assist your main.
The Release (Step 2), would be to do a macro action.

It doesn't matter if the macro is in game (with a keybind going to the game to activate it) or if the macro resides within IS Boxer.
That's a preference call on your part.

I believe the macro is going to be something like: /petattack

You could press the key, hold it for a second or so, and then release.
That would help to account for latency.
On the Press (Step 1), you could have the main/active character do something like Hunter's Mark... since they don't have to assist anyone, and that doesn't cause any threat.

Lots of options.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

rfarris

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Re: Hunter Pet Attack Macro (No Target)

That was it, Ualaa. The idea of getting the (slave) hunter to do something -- Hunter's Mark -- that wouldn't cause agro, but would get ISBoxer to convince the (slave) pet to assist me was exactly what I needed.

Thanks!

Return to World of Warcraft