FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Shift Numpad issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MelTorefas

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:24 am

Shift Numpad issues

I am trying to use the keymap wizard to create straight key broadcasts for Shift + the numpad keys. The problem I am having is that the keymap wizard doesn't seem able to detect which keys I am trying to use. I have numlock turned on; when I press NUM1 the wizard gets it right, but when I press Shift + NUM1 it records as End. With numlock off, it records it as Shift+End. I cannot figure out how to get it to record as Shift+Num1, which is what I actually need... except by creating a single new hotkey and configuring it manually. This would be a silly amount of work to do for every one of the numpad keys though, so I am hoping someone can help with this (either by showing me the right way to make the wizard to what a want, or with some sort of fix). Thanks for reading/any help.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:05 am

Re: Shift Numpad issues

Shift + NumPad1 = End

You can see in the image which number pad keys function as other keys when Shift is held down.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:08 am

That's pretty much it. ;)

You'll note that you can't create a key binding within, say, WoW as "Shift+Num 1" because the number pad always has this special behavior
<<

MelTorefas

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Okay, the thing that was confusing me is that EverQuest actually displays the hotkeys as Shift+NumX, not As End, Down, whatever. But I actually tested it after reading this and it works fine, so, thanks for that. :)
<<

MelTorefas

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:49 pm

UPDATE: I was incorrect. It does not work. If I press Shift+Num1 it will correctly activate that hotkey in the current window (EQ recognizes it), but when I try to broadcast End (how the hotkey registers in isboxer) that does not activate the ability bound to Shift+Num1 in the other EQ window. So, I guess the only way I can deal with this is to change my keybinds to use the actual End key (from the middle key set that has Ins/Del/End/Home/PgUp/PgDn)?
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Create the Mapped Key manually. When you add a "New Keystroke Action" you can press NumPad 1 and click the Checkbox for "Shift" and it will work properly.

Return to Key Maps