FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Random Freezing when Swapping Windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

IrishAstronut

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Random Freezing when Swapping Windows

Background:
I have been boxing successfully for 2 months now on SWTOR and believe that I have a good working knowledge of ISBoxer.

My setup works for everything: follow, assist, and I've even set it up to turn off assist/DPS so that I can use channeled abilities. I do believe that I might have an excessive amount of Mapped Keys however.

CPU: i5 2500K clocked to 4 GHZ
RAM: 16 gigs
GPU: x2 6850s in crossfire (yes I've tried just using one GPU and I get better FPS using crossfire)

I have 4 accounts with one display all stacked full screen with swapping.

Problem:
Occasionally, when I swap to a new toon he will not respond to most inputs (sometimes i can get him to pivot and jump, but not move) and will just stand there as though he's in a daze.

I have two methods to break the "daze":
1. I switch to a different toon and re-issue the follow command and when I switch to the original desired toon he will now respond.
2. I made a mapped key to target nearest friend and then follow which will break the "daze" sometimes... as long as there is a friend standing directly in front of him.

This problem doesn't stop me from playing, but during battle when my main dies... I need to be able to quickly switch to a new toon and continue the fight. Most of the time this occurs with no issue, but about 20 - 30% this "daze" problem occurs.

My setup: http://www.privatepaste.com/9cea6bd769
Dual-Boxing.com forum name: Riiker
<<

balrog78

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Random Freezing when Swapping Windows

My brother is playing solo, I play 3 toons and sometimes 4. I have the same issue. But the funny thing is, my brother has the issue sometimes as well. And I think he only experiences that when he plays together with me.
Another funny thing is that sometimes clients of others go nuts: movements with mouse are make them circulate very fast.
That is all very weird. But as far I understand the client: its full of crap :) So I guess the client is the problem, not isboxer.
<<

IrishAstronut

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Re: Random Freezing when Swapping Windows

I've decided that this issue is one of many related to characters on "follow". My wife sometimes runs into this when she is following me.
Dual-Boxing.com forum name: Riiker

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic