FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOWTO: Multibox SWTOR on one PC with ISBoxer!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: HOWTO: Multibox SWTOR on one PC with ISBoxer!

If you were using ISBoxer on multiple PCs with LOTRO, playing SWTOR on multiple PCs will be pretty similar. I think the main difference will be having to assist (select your target's target) instead of using Skill Target Forwarding :)
<<

Lightbringer

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Ok, thanks for fast answer :)

Maybe you got me wrong, because I have not used ISBoxer and Innerspace before. Only Input Director and Logitech G15 macros between 2 PC.

I need to know the benifits of using ISBoxer and Innerspace with 1 computer compares 2 computers. I have 2 computers with 2 27" displays so I want to use these if I can.
I thinking of playing 2 accounts with one "tank" toon and one "healing" toon on the other account.
Should be nice if I could start the game when it releases with ISBoxer and Innerspace.

Maybe there is some tread that I have missed thats have this information I seek !?

/Lightbringer
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Oh, sorry for misreading then ;)

Playing on one PC is superior as long as the PC is strong enough to handle it (one CPU core per game instance is ideal, but not necessary). It's easier to configure, costs less to operate, and will be more responsive. You also get more use out of the available feature set -- Video FX only works on one PC for example and lets you pick pieces of different windows to see in your main window, or a blank window on a second monitor. If it were me I would prefer one PC using two monitors, over two PCs each powering their own.

In the end it comes down to personal preference. You can still use ISBoxer's broadcasting and other features on multiple PCs. :)
<<

Blade3D

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Hi, I am new to ISBoxer, looking forward to boxing TOR and had a question. I am currently running 2 6870s in crossfire across 3 monitors in eyefinity. When using ISBoxer would it be better to take it out of eyefinity?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Blade3D wrote:Hi, I am new to ISBoxer, looking forward to boxing TOR and had a question. I am currently running 2 6870s in crossfire across 3 monitors in eyefinity. When using ISBoxer would it be better to take it out of eyefinity?

Eyefinity is generally fine but you will likely only want to run one window at a time at that kind of resolution, and the rest at a normal resolution. It'd use up a lot of extra video memory and eat up a lot of extra performance to run more.

With that said, anything is worth a try. You might find that it performs well enough, who knows :)
<<

Blade3D

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:29 pm

lax wrote:
Blade3D wrote:Hi, I am new to ISBoxer, looking forward to boxing TOR and had a question. I am currently running 2 6870s in crossfire across 3 monitors in eyefinity. When using ISBoxer would it be better to take it out of eyefinity?

Eyefinity is generally fine but you will likely only want to run one window at a time at that kind of resolution, and the rest at a normal resolution. It'd use up a lot of extra video memory and eat up a lot of extra performance to run more.

With that said, anything is worth a try. You might find that it performs well enough, who knows :)

Would it be better to not run it in eyefinity, would this allow me to assign instances to individual monitors that way?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Better means something different to everyone. Yes, if you have 3 accounts and 3 monitors (not in eyefinity), one of the default Window Layouts will be one character per screen. :)
<<

Gylon

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:26 am

I'm buying this program just for duel-boxing SWTOR using one PC. Will there be special videos on how to set this software up for SWTOR? Any and all help I get, to help me enjoy my time duel-boxing in SWTOR is appreciated.

Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:43 am

There will be a lot of people multiboxing SWTOR with ISBoxer, and we will all learn many things about the game together. The dual-boxing.com SWTOR forum is pretty active with tips from other ISBoxer users as well :)
<<

Tsikinator

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Is there any Quick-Start video guide for SWTOR yet? Or should we set it up by the normal method ( wizard, etc)
PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic