FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to link imported WININET.DLL (-16)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rottingham

Post Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:23 pm

Unable to link imported WININET.DLL (-16)

I recently installed ISBoxer and Innerspace on my laptop, previously I only used it on my desktop/home computer. However, I travel for work every week, often 2-3 days a week in a hotel and I can't stay away from EQ!

I installed Innerspace and ISBoxer. I set up ISBoxer with my accounts, saved my setup, and exported it to Innerspace just like I always have. Whenever I try to launch that character set through Innerspace, I get the following error message which I can't seem to resolve.

I can log in to the accounts through the launcher or an AutoHotkey boxer script I've written for myself, but not through Innerspace. Any ideas?

"Unable to link imported WININET.dll (-16)"
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:26 am

Re: Unable to link imported WININET.DLL (-16)

Most likely some other running program is preventing it from operating correctly.

Grab us Compatibility Diagnostics from ISBoxer's Help menu, from a running instance of EverQuest, on the PC that it won't run via Inner Space.
<<

Rottingham

Post Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:56 pm

lax wrote:Most likely some other running program is preventing it from operating correctly.

Grab us Compatibility Diagnostics from ISBoxer's Help menu, from a running instance of EverQuest, on the PC that it won't run via Inner Space.

See attached.
Attachments
isBoxer Compatibility Diagnostics.txt
(59.5 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:30 am

Ok, a few things that could be tried.

These two things are injecting into the game and may be incomaptible with Inner Space/ISBoxer. I'd try shutting down the things that cause these to load

Code:
6. C:\Program Files\CoSoSys\Endpoint Protector\csprnthk.dll [5.6.1.1] [CoSoSys] [GDI Print Hook]
23. C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctiuser.dll [3.8.0.722] [VMware, Inc.] [Carbon Black Cloud Sensor User DLL x86]

The other thing is that the game is loading with the Intel graphics drivers.
You might also try setting the Nvidia Control Panel to force the NVidia GPU, either in the Global dropdown, or specifically for the Program settings.

Return to EverQuest