FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer - Problem with Win 11

Moderator: MiRai

<<

McWhite

Post Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:52 am

ISBoxer - Problem with Win 11

Hi -

I upgraded to Win 11 (fresh install). Since then I have not been able to launch the ISBoxer Toolkit. InnerSpace, on the other hand, runs flawlessly.
Under the old Win 10 installation, both run perfectly. Changes I make with the toolkit and export to Innerspace on Win 10 are correctly applied to Win 11.

Any idea how to solve this problem?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:55 am

Re: ISBoxer - Problem with Win 11

I think start by detailing what problem you're having launching ISBoxer Toolkit.

Since I have to guess at why you're unable to launch it, I am guessing you need to install .NET Framework 3.5 in order for ISBoxer Toolkit to run.

That goes something like this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows
<<

McWhite

Post Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:12 pm

Hi - and thanks for the reply!

The .NET-framework 3.5 was installed with the installation of ISBoxer and is running. However, I have seen that not all versions of Visual C++ Redistributable Packages are present in Win 11. If these are also required, please let me know which ones they are.
C++ 2013 (86),
C++ 2013 (64),
C++ 2015-2019 (64) are installed.

I'm running Win 10 and Win 11 as a multiboot system, accessing the identical ssd with the same drive/directory.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:16 pm

ISBoxer Toolkit is C# and only requires .NET Framework 3.5. VC++ redistributables do not apply to .NET programs. Inner Space does not require any VC++ redistributables.

We're not any closer. What happens when you run it?
<<

McWhite

Post Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:46 pm

After the start, the system query dialog follows. Then the mouse cursor shows system activity for a very short time (1/2 sec.) and then nothing happens. Windows Antimalware activity appears briefly in Task Manager. I can't see anything else because the time is too short.

I don't use any third-party anti-virus software etc.

I disabled the firewall for testing purposes. The result was unchanged.

I use the same general programs in both Win 10 and Win 11. That's why I can't say at the moment whether a program might be interfering - ISBoxer runs perfectly under Win 10!

(By the way: all patches are updated)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:43 am

Well, everything we've heard so far from other Windows 11 users is that it works fine for them. It sounds like you have ISBoxer Toolkit's dependencies installed, or Windows would be popping up a box asking you to install .NET 3.5.

Have you considered running the installer on Windows 11?
<<

McWhite

Post Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:31 pm

Oops! Didn't get my last info? However...

As usual, the bug is in front of the monitor...

I forgot that there is a difference between the standard admin user account and a user with admin rights. After I had everything installed, I deleted the admin account... This meant that system access was only possible to a limited extent.

I have now reinstalled Win 11 and .NET 3.5, etc.. Everything is working fine so far! The problem is solved.

Thank you for your patience and support!

Return to General