FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer crashing on booting FFXIV client

Moderator: MiRai

<<

las3r

Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:02 am

ISBoxer crashing on booting FFXIV client

Hi there,

I've had ISBoxer running for months without issues, and after the recent update of final fantasy XIV (or a windows update, not sure), ISBoxer is inhibiting problems.

The launcher of the game works (I'm using the stock launcher, but also tried others), but the moment the game window is supposed to pop and be put in place by ISBoxer, a crash log appears (actually two, one is empty, the other has contents).

I've got everything closed, and I'm using the same workflow as when I would normally (close all programs, disable most windows services, and then run).

The game runs without problems when running it myself, with either of the 3 launchers I use.

Relevant information:
ISBoxer configuration dump: https://pastebin.com/e0P2VbXL
Lavish crashbox contents: attached to this post.
Compatibility metrics (from ISBoxer): attached to this post.
Inner space console: Showing nothing out of the ordinary: (e.g. launching ffxivboot.exe)

Hopefully someone can help me find a solution that is not 'reinstall your box'.

Regards.

- Las3r
Attachments
isboxer-compatibility-log.txt
(48.94 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
lavish-crashlog.txt
(21.28 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:26 am

Re: ISBoxer crashing on booting FFXIV client

The development build of Inner Space (6923) has a fix that should apply to the GShade you've got there in your FFXIV folder as dxgi.dll, as well as a fix for XIVLauncher.

Right click Inner Space and select Patcher, click the Development tab, click "Check for Updates" if needed, and click Install Now to actually install the development build

Feel free to drop by the ISBoxer Discord, we have a FFXIV channel and our FFXIV community is really top notch and on top of this stuff :)
<<

las3r

Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:54 am

Re: ISBoxer crashing on booting FFXIV client

That worked, thank you very much!

Return to Final Fantasy XIV