FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Archived versions no longer work?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:21 am

Archived versions no longer work?

Having trouble launching an older client for EqEmu (ROF2 client) as innerspace simply refuses to open the game regardless of what profile I launch. This is something new as an issue as i've used ISBoxer before for Eqmu.

I can launch EQemu with isboxer for a server that uses the latest EQF2P client, but older clients don't seem to launch at all. Not even an error message!

Trying to troubleshoot the issue so I went to the Archives directory. When I follow the instructions from https://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives I get a "Lavish.dll was not found!" error.

Any idea how to fix this?
Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:03 pm

Re: Archived versions no longer work?

The old archives will no longer work when using a current install as the current system has moved on and certainly some files will not be backwards compatible, and as you've noticed, missing altogether. The archive is being phased out.

We're not aware of any reason why the older client wouldn't work, and a lack of any indication why (e.g. error message, crash dump) would make it difficult to track down.

You can try running the command
Code:
"%programdata%\Lavish Software\utils\lavishbuild" install innerspace live "1.16 build 6335"
from your run box (WIN+R). Include the quotes. This is the earliest you can go back to under the current system.

Any of the live builds noted from 6335 onwards should work. https://lavishsoft.com/release/innerspace/all Just change the number as appropriate.
Last edited by bob on Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the build number that actually works.

Return to EverQuest