FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

changes in WoW ToS afecting IsBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

LoktarOgar

Post Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:56 am

changes in WoW ToS afecting IsBoxer

so a post from "3 November 2020 by Blizzard Entertainment " regarding "Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software"
how is this gona afect the use of IsBoxer in WoW ?!?!
link to the post
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/ ... g-software
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:57 am

Re: changes in WoW ToS afecting IsBoxer

As per the other threads on this in the WoW channel, rather than the Hardware channel, broadcasting is no longer allowed. InnerSpace and ISBoxer will continue to have broadcasting. A new product is under development that will not have broadcasting (it will be part of the same lavishsoft subscription), and thus comply with the rules as we know them.
<<

Silverthorn

Post Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:30 pm

Thanks Bob! Let me (everyone) know if you need a beta tester!
<<

LoktarOgar

Post Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:26 pm

thank you for your time and a fast answer
<<

helbreht

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:32 am

bob wrote:As per the other threads on this in the WoW channel, rather than the Hardware channel, broadcasting is no longer allowed. InnerSpace and ISBoxer will continue to have broadcasting. A new product is under development that will not have broadcasting (it will be part of the same lavishsoft subscription), and thus comply with the rules as we know them.

please tell me can you make a program to easily open multiple windows? And at what time approximately will you be able to implement new programs? :roll:
<<

Silverthorn

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:54 pm

helbreht wrote:please tell me can you make a program to easily open multiple windows? And at what time approximately will you be able to implement new programs? :roll:
As a former developer, I can say that they'll want to keep as much of the functionality of ISBoxer except for the verboten broadcasting. That includes the multiple window layout. It may be overly simple to start off with as this will be a significant rework of ISBoxer. I'd like them to take as much time as needed to get it functional and legal. Since I am only interested in multiboxing retail WoW (as I'd assume many subscribers here) I'll keep up my subscription in anticipation that a prototype could be ready in a month or two, but that's my guess. Part of me is going, whoa! they're going to make an entirely new application just for us WoW players? Presumably our continued subscriptions will make it worthwhile for the developers to do this.

Making a new app suggests that simply turning all broadcasting off in ISBoxer if current game == Warcraft won't keep Blizzard from suspending players using ISBoxer. Not too surprising, it just means that Blizzard has taken the easy route and simply detects if ISBoxer is running while logged into Warcraft, rather than watching for illegal behavior.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware