FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

eperez162

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:39 pm

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

elfasvonpa wrote:If Logitech gives 1 keypress = more than 1 action, yes ofc

ohh yea I know that but that is not how I use it. I have an in-game macro and use the keyboard macro system to rotate my cast sequence macro. It's like me pressing the same key over and over.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:15 pm

To be fair, they do state at the beginning of their announcement:

"... and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay."

We don't fall into this category, because we are present and in control of our clients.

Last week I was checked by a Blizzard GM when I was MBing and he just said "carry on as you were, just doing the rounds". Clearly I was present and in control of my toons and not botting nor automating so he let me pass.

Just a thought, all is not lost yet.
<<

Kiduh

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:42 pm

globalfugitive wrote:To be fair, they do state at the beginning of their announcement:

"... and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay."

We don't fall into this category, because we are present and in control of our clients.

Last week I was checked by a Blizzard GM when I was MBing and he just said "carry on as you were, just doing the rounds". Clearly I was present and in control of my toons and not botting nor automating so he let me pass.

Just a thought, all is not lost yet.

Well that was last week and they indeed checked if a user is present, the policy changed yesterday
<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Kiduh wrote:Well that was last week and they indeed checked if a user is present, the policy changed yesterday

Yeah the issue is the broadcasting part specifically now. They even changed https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258 to reflect that statement.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:54 pm

... and you know the silence from the ISBoxer team is not a good sign :(
<<

Evolve

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:14 pm

Best thing everyone can do is start canceling and getting refunds. Thats gonna make a statement they will hear.
I think the multiboxing bots is why this is happening. I see them all the time, problem is most dont know how to identify them.
I assume they use teams like this to avoid detection from players. People think its just a multiboxer.
I found a team when i was on mine in winterspring one night questing. It was making rounds at the bottom of the map killing the giants.
It tried to attack me and I wound up getting one of the toons stuck. This toon just kept trying to run over this log and did it over and over. The bot shut down as I guess to try and avoid detection i assume. all the other toons wouldnt do a thing anymore. Eventually it stood there so long it was afk logged out. Always seems like its a setup of 4 mages and a priest. You can find them going in and out of some dungeons too.
I dont think they are all players at this point anymore. Just because they attack you dont mean its not a bot. Plenty of bots that have a pvp function built into them
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:44 pm

globalfugitive wrote:... and you know the silence from the ISBoxer team is not a good sign :(

There is silence because we have asked Blizzard for clarification, and are yet to receive a response. Most of the chatter is going on in Discord. The current status is

1. All we know is they are prohibiting input broadcasting. We need clarification from Blizzard on whether the policy bans ISBoxer outright. EVE Online made the same rule change several years ago, and does NOT ban ISBoxer.

2. I sent an e-mail to Blizzard requesting clarification on the implementation of the new policy. I also submitted a support ticket with the same request.

3. Please stop @ pinging me and everyone else, we are working on finding out more information and so on, and the more each person thinks they need to ask separately about it, the less time we have to be productive

Note: Their Support article was updated prior to this announcement, and prior to the e-mail sent. The Support article does not provide clarification beyond Blizzard's original announcement.

So, we know exactly what you know, although our previous experience of this situation does make us believe that there are options still available, even if they will not be as friendly as the previous situation. Work is going at a reasonable pace to be able to provide something that complies with Blizzard's rules. We just want clarification from Blizzard on what those rules are, as the current information is ambiguous.
<<

bob

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:55 pm

Evolve wrote:
bob wrote:
Evolve wrote:I wanna know what the plan is here about that. I cant use the software anymore that i prepaid.

Lavishsoft's policy is currently, you can request a refund within 14 days of purchase. You implicitly agreed to this when you purchased the subscription.
Anything else will be at Lavishsoft's discretion - and no decision has been made at this time.

lot of good that 14 day window does me. I just paid 2 years a couple months ago.
Then you will be in the group that is yet to have a decision made as to how they will be handled. If we had of had more than the 0 days notice that everyone else had, we might have a better response for you at this time, but while we are clarifying with Blizzard some of the ambiguities of their new rule, we are not rushing in to change our policies. If we do, we will let you know. Probably via an announcement of some kind via the various channels.

From our perspective the InnerSpace platform still does what it is supposed to do. ISBoxer is a freebee that sits on top of it.
<<

bob

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:58 pm

eperez162 wrote:
elfasvonpa wrote:If Logitech gives 1 keypress = more than 1 action, yes ofc

ohh yea I know that but that is not how I use it. I have an in-game macro and use the keyboard macro system to rotate my cast sequence macro. It's like me pressing the same key over and over.
What you are describing is automation. I.e. you can start the logitech macro, and walk away from the keyboard, and it keeps repeating, even though you are out the door and down at the pub. That has most definitely been against the rules in most MMOs since day dot.
<<

Bubbahearths

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:51 pm

Thank you for the quick attempts at clarifying this with blizzard. I will not be canceling anything until I know for sure the way I enjoy playing will no longer be supported. This game means a lot to me and I appreciate ISBoxer for what yall do.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft