Need Help Setting Up

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skuttles

Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Need Help Setting Up

Straight to the point:

What I am trying to accomplish:
I am trying to run 3 instances of EQ2. I would like to play my Monk with support from my healer and dps. I would like to be able to control all abilities (Across the 2 other toons) from my Monk's screen.

What I have attempted:
I watched quite a few videos on VFX feature and seen many be able to do this, but I am having trouble putting all the pieces together. I am not fully understanding how all this works. I have also read through a lot of the guides on the ISXBoxer wiki. It is all just so confusing to start, or overwhelming. I did watch Joe the Boxer's EQ setup wizard and that is not what i am looking to do. (As a side note, the hotbar he used that was labeled "Standard" in that particular guide did not show up on my screen when i loaded. This is bar he adjusted once he had all the accounts loaded in and grouped up.)

What I do NOT want:
I do not want to set this up to where I press "1" and all the accounts press "1", i want to control each characters abilities as if I was Alt+Tabbing, just with out all the screen swapping. i also am looking to not have multiple screens on my one monitor, i would like for them to be running in the background.

Can anyone help me get this rolling in the right direction? (If at all possible, I would also like to be able to have some sort of script to send my scout to the backside of my primary target)

P.S. I am only using 1 large monitor and do not have the resources to expand to additional monitors.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Re: Need Help Setting Up

Custom mapped keys will allow you to set different rotations for a specific hotkey.

I.e you could press 1, which sends 1 to toon 1, R to toon 2, and SHIFT+P to toon 3. How this is achieved as a rotation depends on your level of willingness to learn the configuration options of ISBoxer.

First would be a watch through the Mapped Keys 101
Advanced topics would be a Pro Config

Skuttles wrote: (As a side note, the hotbar he used that was labeled "Standard" in that particular guide did not show up on my screen when i loaded. This is bar he adjusted once he had all the accounts loaded in and grouped up.)
In the ISBoxer Quick Setup Wizard, if you didn't tick the option for the overlay bar, then it doesn't show up. It is a menu bar, and is currently called ISB42 - Standard, so if you want to get it, you can select your character set in the top left, in the lower left, select Menus, and in the lower right, select/highlight the ISB42 - Standard item in the list. On Export it will load for your team.

Skuttles wrote:I would also like to be able to have some sort of script to send my scout to the backside of my primary target)
Yeah, not likely to be achievable with ISBoxer. To be able to do stuff like that requires specific in game data which ISBoxer has no access to. That is what would be classed as Automation/Botting.
<<

MilerKoB

Post Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:59 pm

Skuttles wrote:Can anyone help me get this rolling in the right direction? (If at all possible, I would also like to be able to have some sort of script to send my scout to the backside of my primary target)

With any backstab class such as BArd or rouge, youll need to follow your monk, and spin the target so your other character is behind your target, you can have your healers follow the backstabber, or seperate the healers, or manuel move the backstabber. I just follow the tank and spin. so the rest are behind the target
Last edited by bob on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tags.. although, the necro.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:40 pm

I reconfigured one of my scouts into more of a ranged DPS. It was much easier than trying to do the positional/backstab attacks.

Return to EverQuest 2