FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Swapping windows with a single key

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DemonicMMO

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:47 pm

Swapping windows with a single key

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to swap windows with a single key. instead of Ctrl-Alt-1 and Ctrl-Alt-2. I only have two windows. Currently I use G Hub (terrible software) and include a profile swap which changes the macro accordingly. It works great. However, if I make a change to a macro or key I have to duplicate it to both profiles so I was hoping I could do this in ISBoxer.

I would think I could either have a key that does this or perhaps I can change a key's mapping from CA1 to CA2 then back to CA1 while also pressing either CA1 or CA2 depending on which has focus. The desired result is simple, the two windows swap places and focus on a keypress then swap back after pressing the same key.

Not sure it is necessary to paste my config but just in case...https://pastebin.com/01HbV6aN

Thanks in advance for all your help and the help provided in the past.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:59 pm

Re: Swapping windows with a single key

if you are only using two windows, you could set a hotkey on the ISB42 - Always On, Next Window mapped key, and it should do what you want. A single hotkey to cycle through the Windows.

Because it is a mapped key, it can't be a global hotkey (i.e. usable when a non-ISBoxer window is focused).
<<

DemonicMMO

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:05 am

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, that doesn't completely help. That command switches focus to the other window but it doesn't swap the windows. My second window is much smaller so I need the windows to actually swap. If I use Ctrl-Alt-1/2 then the windows also swap as desired so the active window remains the large window.

Perhaps this would work if I set up my Window layout differently. I tried a few settings but the results were the same.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:08 pm

For the Next Window hotkey to also swap, you would need to change the setting here, to be one of the following.

• Always
  • Always, for game windows
  • Any time ISBoxer focuses a window

<<

DemonicMMO

Post Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:06 pm

Thanks again for the follow-up. This seems to work great. I appreciate your help.

Return to Window Layouts