FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Press/release key inverted after re-exporting

Moderator: MiRai

<<

d07RiV

Post Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:26 am

Press/release key inverted after re-exporting

I have a key that is pressed/released when mouse enters/leaves repeater regions, it prints "ON" in step 1 and "OFF" in step 2. All works fine, until I re-export my isboxer settings. Sometimes that flips the key and now it prints OFF on enter and ON on leave instead.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:12 pm

Re: Press/release key inverted after re-exporting

The only thing I can think of is that you're leaving the mouse cursor in the Repeater Region when you move over to ISBoxer, but you can easily fix this by just setting a reset timer on the Mapped Key in question.
<<

d07RiV

Post Mon May 18, 2020 8:26 am

Is there no way to ensure that press = step 1, and release = step 2? A timer might have unwanted side effects of the key breaking when I hover over the region for too long. Sometimes it flips without any re-exporting, just tabbing around, and it usually leads to a wipe because I can't heal or do anything with my actions inverted.

edit: someone (ed: altbob) on discord suggested making a "hold" key that runs two other keys, one handling press and one handling release. that seems to work well.
Last edited by bob on Mon May 18, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: someone....... just the master of the universe.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Mon May 18, 2020 8:49 am

d07RiV wrote:Is there no way to ensure that press = step 1, and release = step 2? A timer might have unwanted side effects of the key breaking when I hover over the region for too long. Sometimes it flips without any re-exporting, just tabbing around, and it usually leads to a wipe because I can't heal or do anything with my actions inverted.

I have a similar menu region with a 2-step toggle on mouse-in / mouse-out. I made a click menu with a single small button that resets it with a Mapped Key Step Action. Since the button is outside of the toggle area, it always correctly resets the toggling Mapped Key. Since I made it strangely I can't remember having needed to click on it.

Return to Key Maps