FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Name of window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

blazicks

Post Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:36 pm

Name of window

Ok, so I am running AHK... and it works perfect when i load World of Warcraft normal because in the code it says:
Code:
#IfWinActive World of Warcraft

and that is the exact name of window when I play normal...

However, running it through isBoxer obviously renames the window to something like:

is1 (Ctrl+Alt+1) John-Icecrown - Trinity

I have tried every combo in AHK I can think of to get it to work when running isboxer and it wont.... so a few questions:

1. Is the above the actual window name (is1 (Ctrl+Alt+1) John-Icecrown - Trinity) ? and if so, why isnt it being recognized? Maybe spacing?
2. Can I rename the the windows to something like is1, is2, is3 etc so it is short and sweet? I looked everywhere but couldn't find.

Thank you.

P.S. I did read: https://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3247 but couldn't find it... sorry if I missed it somewhere simple.
<<

blazicks

Post Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:16 pm

Re: Name of window

Anyone come here anymore? I also asked on Dual Boxing and no answers there either... maybe it isnt possible
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:33 pm

1. Yes, the Window Title is really what is displayed as the Window Title
2. As per the post from Lax in that old thread, you can rename the windows to whatever you like, under each slot in the Character Set.

Also, for other programs to work concurrently they need to be admin processes. i.e. run as Admin
see: https://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#My_.5Binse ... d_games.3F

It should be pointed out that AHK is generally used for automating things, which is against TOS of the game. It can be legally used in game for remapping some keys, but not for automation. For a while there we believe Blizzard were detecting and actively banning AHK users, because of it's automation possibilities (although conjecture based on third party stories). I'd avoid any automation whether through AHK or other macro programs that provide such functionality. There is a reason ISBoxer does not provide the capability to automate what is sent to the game (i.e. you have to physically press something, every time, in order for something to be sent to the game), and that is to prevent it from being one of those programs that the use of will get you banned.
<<

blazicks

Post Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:48 pm

/love

Thank you
<<

blazicks

Post Tue May 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Hey.. I took a break after this post and am now back...

This works perfect when I run regular World of Warcraft from the Blizzard launcher.
#IfWinActive World of Warcraft

It recognizes the window and everything works fine.

Now onto isBoxer:
So I checked Custom Window Tile and named it World of Warcraft - i then just tried to launch one instance. I hover over it below and it says the window is named World of Warcraft, exactly like above....
but #IfWinActive World of Warcraft just isn't recognized. I have tried other names for the window and none mattered. and I can see how both window are named the exact same thing (from launcher and from isboxer)

Any idea why my program that has the command line #IfWinActive World of Warcraft will not recognize isboxer window?
<<

blazicks

Post Tue May 19, 2020 9:49 pm

haha.. I didn't see your text under the image until I posted... I ran it in admin mode and it worked perfectly!

Return to Window Layouts