FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help with dual monitor VFX

Moderator: MiRai

<<

anubis136

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:25 am

Help with dual monitor VFX

Hey guys, so i've been reading the forums and going back through MiRai's advanced setup video for VFX layouts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hntr1IE1Xgc) and still having issues...

https://pastebin.com/gS3v6sga

The layout i'm going for has "GOAL" in the title, and the current setup is without it (MagEncWizDN)

What's happening right now is everything loads fine, game clients are stacked 1920x1080 on display 1, dxNothing loads 1920x1080 on display 2, but when i hit my hot key for creating the VFX viewers ("VFX Create" under Always On)
....nothing happens. I feel like i've tried everything but i'm sure i missed something. Thanks! :D :D :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:41 pm

Re: Help with dual monitor VFX

The positioning of Video FX viewers is relative to the top left of the DXNothing window, not the monitor/screen position that the dxnothing window happens to have.

So, top left is 0,0. Currently you have all your Video FX viewers displaying off the viewable area of the dxnothing window. i.e. if a dxnothing is top left 0,0 to bottom right 1920,1090, and you start at 1920,0, then you are not within the bounds of the viewable window. So, set all your viewers to positions starting from 0,0 and you will be golden.
<<

anubis136

Post Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:32 am

Re: Help with dual monitor VFX

bob wrote:The positioning of Video FX viewers is relative to the top left of the DXNothing window, not the monitor/screen position that the dxnothing window happens to have.

So, top left is 0,0. Currently you have all your Video FX viewers displaying off the viewable area of the dxnothing window. i.e. if a dxnothing is top left 0,0 to bottom right 1920,1090, and you start at 1920,0, then you are not within the bounds of the viewable window. So, set all your viewers to positions starting from 0,0 and you will be golden.

Perfect!! Thank you sir!

Return to Video FX