FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer nub, ISBoxer has commandeered my numpad

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zagjake

Post Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:14 pm

ISBoxer nub, ISBoxer has commandeered my numpad

Hey guys,

ISBoxer nub here and after setting up a character set, it seems that I can no longer use my num pad as an actual number pad anymore. Is there a way to fix that?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:55 am

Re: ISBoxer nub, ISBoxer has commandeered my numpad

The obvious answer would be NumLock.

The less obvious is, what game?. EQ can be a bit iffy. Also what language/region do you use.

ISBoxer, under it's default config, doesn't do anything special with the Numpad at all, and the keys on it should just fall through to the active window, unless you setup mapped keys to do something special. Otherwise, it may come down to some of the less obvious elements.
<<

zagjake

Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:51 pm

So it is with EQ, and the frustrating thing is that the Num-pad enter key has stopped doing much of anything when I use ISBoxer to launch EQ. If I quit ISB and load through the launcher everything works as intended.

All products are English / US.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:06 pm

That is a known issue for a long time. You may want to check out this post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4242&start=0 specifically the section on BUGGED, INVALID, OR OTHERWISE UNAVAILABLE KEYBINDS FOR EQ

It does point at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3944&start=0
Which in turn says
EQ does not seem to recognize Numpad Enter when broadcast by ISB.
....<snip>....
1.b) EQ does recognize Numpad Enter when the button is manually pressed.

I'm assuming 1.b is referring to pressing the key yourself and not having any remapping occur within ISBoxer, so it just falls through to the current window.

Some of the this may have changed over the last 6 years, but I doubt it. The problems with EQ are generally quite specific to how the game is processing the input and it is not doing certain things in a very standard way so it is difficult to cater for it oddities.

Return to Key Maps