FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Assist/Follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

digety

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Assist/Follow

So I am new to the multiboxing and I am having a big issue with the following and assist of multiple accounts.
I am doing 3 (3 casters) at the moment and did 5 last night, however it's the same issues regardless.
I used the setup wizard and even watched several youtube videos. I didn't change any of the keys as I am using alt+F/A for Follow and Assist.

My issues are the following:
When I use the Follow key from the party leader, all my dudes follow, however when I get into combat I have to hit the follow combo again (if my other dudes fight). Not sure this is an issue though.
When I use the Assist key it does nothing at all.
If I try to use Broadcast mode (while doing any moving around or fighting) my dudes run all over the damn place and ignore the Alt+F/A altogether

Do I use Broadcast Mode (shift+alt+R) for combat or just when I want to hit an accept on quest, etc?
The way I am forced to use this at the moment is do everything from my Party Leader and just have the other accounts on follow and basically spam the follow key after every damn fight if they do any fighting (which was the case with my 5m melee who would only auto attack). Also when it comes to looting I seem to have to turn on Broadcast which of course has some of them spaz out at times.

Any help would be awesome.
I watched Multiboxology videos and followed them but apparently something is not right. I watched him run around with 5 mages and they are all assisting and frostbolting whatever he is fighting, not so with me.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Assist/Follow

digety wrote:When I use the Follow key from the party leader, all my dudes follow, however when I get into combat I have to hit the follow combo again (if my other dudes fight). Not sure this is an issue though.
Movement (direct or broadcast) and combat tend to break follow (although some combat does not just be confusing). PvP definitely breaks follow. Arena/BG's no follow exists.

digety wrote:If I try to use Broadcast mode (while doing any moving around or fighting) my dudes run all over the damn place and ignore the Alt+F/A altogether
Broadcasting movement will break follow. And just like if you have five people standing in a gaggly group in a field and then get them all to walk in the heading they are facing, and they all have to deviate by the same degrees if any of them do, then they will quickly end up going in different directions. Especially if you have to play Chinese whispers when telling them to turn/stop/forward.

digety wrote:When I use the Assist key it does nothing at all.
This is an actual problem. Chances are something else is bound in game to the same in game bind that ISboxer uses for Assist. http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_recently_ ... 7t_work.3F

digety wrote:Do I use Broadcast Mode (shift+alt+R) for combat or just when I want to hit an accept on quest, etc?
Broadcasting is generally disabled, except when needing to use the game UI including talking to NPCs (there are a couple of rare exceptions).

digety wrote:The way I am forced to use this at the moment is do everything from my Party Leader and just have the other accounts on follow
Umm yep. Welcome to multiboxing.

digety wrote:and basically spam the follow key after every damn fight if they do any fighting (which was the case with my 5m melee who would only auto attack).
Some people use EMA or JAMBA addons to help with this. It has a Follow Strobe function so you don't have to press the button as much.

digety wrote:Also when it comes to looting I seem to have to turn on Broadcast which of course has some of them spaz out at times.
Most WoW players use ISBoxer's Interact With Target setup. BUT you need Assist to be working first. http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_with_Target

digety wrote:Any help would be awesome.
I watched Multiboxology videos and followed them but apparently something is not right. I watched him run around with 5 mages and they are all assisting and frostbolting whatever he is fighting, not so with me.
Yes. His Assist is working. Your's is not, and that stops a lot of the other stuff from working particularly well.

Return to World of Warcraft