FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Configurunbg ISBoxer to work 2 computers 2 players

Moderator: MiRai

<<

stingray66

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:20 pm

Configurunbg ISBoxer to work 2 computers 2 players

Hi new to ISBoxer and from what i see so far definately going to be a multiboxer. I'm sorry i hijacked a thread that was active and it wasn't the same problem as mine and i apologize. i have ISBoxer setup on both computer and i did it using http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Use_ISBox ... _Computers. I was getting an error the i had duplicate FTL keymaps and i noticed they were both using Shift + Left ctrl in the FTL modifiers si i switched the second computer to Alt + ctrl. Then i exported this all over to Innerspace on both computers and that went fine. My problem is that's it like theyre not on the same team...default keybinds don't seem to be working after i setup things...Tks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Re: Configurunbg ISBoxer to work 2 computers 2 players

You are correct. They are not on the same team, they are on different teams. That is implied by the two different character sets.
This does mean some configuration you have to be wary of the fact there are two slot 1s, two slot 2s etcs.

That said, the default config should all work if your characters have been setup correctly. Which implies both team were originated via the Quick Setup Wizard, otherwise they will be missing some assignments, .e.g. Action Target Groups.

If that is not the answer, then there is, under the Repeater Profiles -> Default item, an option to allow broadcasting to control the toon when it's the active window (Multi PC). That will also need to be ticked, especially if you are doing a 1 and 1 multi pc setup.
<<

stingray66

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:18 pm

I can make 2 characters under the same character set but cannot change the slot number..they both have slot 1. I cannot run it on one computer as mine main is not good enough too run 2 accounts..i treid 3 different ways to set up and can't get it to work. How can i change the slot number ..that way i can drag that character over on the second computer and i think it will work. but don't quote me on that
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:30 pm

That is not how it works. Each character set starts at slot 1. If you only have 1 character in each character set, they will both be slot 1.

The way the default configuration is setup in ISBoxer, it won't matter. It is only if you create custom mapped keys that target specific slots do you need to be concerned about the slots. This is why I said, if you have your characters set up correct (i.e. created via the Wizard), then it should work just fine. The only caveat being you may need to tick the box on the Repeater Profile -> Default settings.

If we go back to the bit about what is not working?
If it is Follow and/or Assist then the standard troubleshooting applies, regardless of the multi PC setup.
1. Is the ISBoxer Addon enabled
2. Is the ISBoxer Addon popping up a message on login indicating that there are conflicts.
3. Have you unloaded all other addons other than ISBoxer, reset to default keybinds in game, and then checked if Assist/Follow will work?

If it is the launch process. I.e. you launch your main team, and the second team doesn't start, then you need to refer to the troubleshooting on the Multi Computer page you linked.
<<

stingray66

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:15 pm

I set up a new ISBoxer and followed the directions except for setting up ports. I cannot seem to open ports but as you said on another post should not need to. Nothing works and i'm not even in a group as my second character isn't on the screen. Everything went fine until i tried to export and i got 1 error about duplicate FTL modifiers and the other was (see attached file). I clicked yes to both and it exported. I checked the console as i exported it and it said boxer2 lives on another computer not adding it to our menu..if that has anyhting to do about it. I launched the charcacters set default keybinds and addon was running but the other character were not on the same screen. I added the character to group through social tab and got follow to work by clicking ctrl + tab..then pressed alt +f . I targeted an enemy and clicked alt + a but second character will not cast..i'm close. Sorry for being a bother
Attachments
boxer error1.PNG
boxer error1.PNG (19.95 KiB) Viewed 11326 times

Return to Multiple Computers