FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newbie question re: window switching.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Thuernman

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Newbie question re: window switching.

I wonder if it is possible to send (or not send) mapped keys or keystrokes when switching between windows with mouse clicks and modifiers?

Case in point:
I want to send a Follow Me mapped key when I left click another window to switch character, and I want nothing to be sent if I click it with shift + left click.
I can see other ways to do it (with character switch hotkeys), but I wonder if this specific thing is possible.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:51 am

Re: Newbie question re: window switching.

Maybe. The below is purely my thought on how this might work. I've not tested it. It probably wont work with a videofx layout. It will prevent you from controlling toons from the smaller windows, if you have a setup that allows you to do that without swapping. You'd need a hotkey on the toggle below to disable the switching behaviour if you want to do that as well. You'd also need to set the swapping behaviour in the Window Layout so something like Never, or "only when i.....". Anyway. Onto the thoughts.

It would require a couple of mapped keys, with mouse1 and shift+mouse1 as the hotkeys. These mapped keys proabbly only want to be active on the non main windows, so we need a third mapped key to execute when a window becomes the main that makes sure the other two are disabled. To disable mapped keys like this, will work best if they're in a container (a key map), that can be unloaded from the main window.

You'll need to create a Key Map, lets call it Window Switching.
The "toggle" would be in Always On, and it would have two Key Map State Actions.
The first action to load (On) the Window Switching key map on Window: all w/o Current. The second action will unload (Off) the Window Switching key map on Window:Current.
This mapped key will need to be set on each slot to Execute "when I switch to this character, do this mapped key". If you already have stuff going on here that you want to keep, you'll need to add this into the mix with a Do Mapped Key Action somewhere.

In the Window Switching key map, the two mapped keys are Mouse1 and SHIFT+Mouse1

The Mouse1 mapped key has 2 actions.
A Do Mapped Key Action, which calls ISB42 Base Hotkeys -> Follow Me, on Window:Current
A Window Focus Action, to the selected Filter Target, which will be Window:Current

The Shift+Mouse1 will have 1 action, being a Window Focus action as per Mouse1.
<<

Thuernman

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:07 am

Thank you, that included some stuff I hadn't thought about, and I'm sure I can get something close to what I want with some experimentation!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:37 pm

To add one more thing. In your Window Layout, you'll probably also need Focus Follows Mouse selected, otherwise you'll end up needing 1 click to focus the window before the second click (or shift+click) to perform the Activation(swap) to the main region.

Return to World of Warcraft