FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Move to Target, Interact with target question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sharbat

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Move to Target, Interact with target question

Hi,

i am boxing two characters in wow and i am pretty new to isboxer.

The software is pretty great from the features, but the menus and the tooltips are kinda meh. I just don't get things done on my own but have to google stuff. I need a simple step by step instruction!!!

That's why i make this topic.

I want to press a key and have my not active toon move to the target of my active toon and start attacking. How do i set this up?

Then i want to press a key and have my not active toon skin the target.

And finally, whats the best way to have the not active toon do collect ore or herbs?

Thanks
Tim
Last edited by sharbat on Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:21 am

Re: Move to Target, Interact with target question

The reason I'm sad about this message is because you put the answer to most of your questions in the topic on your own. :(

I want to press a key and have my not active toon move to the target of my active toon and start attacking. How do i set this up?

with Interact with Target. http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_with_Target

Then i want to press a key and have my not active toon skin the target.

with Interact with Target. http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_with_Target

And finally, whats the best way to have the not active toon do collect ore or herbs?

NOT with Interact wtih Target, because you cannot Target ore or herbs, you have to actually click directly on them. So temporarily turn on Broadcasting Mode. Here's a GIF that shows basically what to do: https://gfycat.com/WelltodoTerribleIsabellinewheatear -- run up just alongside the node, turn on broadcasting mode, aim and click, turn off broadcasting mode. May help to have a button configured to like "Set View 4" is I guess most peoples favorite.
<<

sharbat

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:39 am

I know that interact with target does this.

But I have no clue how to setup this hotkey. If I use a combat broadcast hotkey with "all other" it doesnt work at all. (pic attached)

I would love to have a step by step instruction how to setup this, as all my attempts to set this up myself didnt work. Probably the hotkey wizard can do this and probably you have to mix face to target and interact with target together somehow. I can't figure out how though.

Also i noticed, when i use interact with target, that the char moves to the target on its own with the base hotkey (or was it Party and auto interact? All those different keymaps with no real description are so confusing).

If i press the wow hotkey on my own, the char just tries to do stuff, it doest move to the target.

I dont understand that.

Cheers
Attachments
isboxer pic.png
isboxer pic.png (389.24 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
Last edited by sharbat on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

sharbat

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:55 am

May help to have a button configured to like "Set View 4" is I guess most peoples favorite.

Can you elaborate?
<<

sharbat

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:07 pm

I just toyed arround with various settings in the party hotkeys to no sucess.

Whats also weird, when i setup a hotkey to do "interact with target, face target" only the active character moves on a keypress, the 2nd one only moves when i press the button and hold it down?

Weird?

As I stated before, I have a lot of trouble understand what each button does. When i go to the settings, it tells that it goes backward?
Attachments
backward.png
backward.png (39.99 KiB) Viewed 4526 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:40 pm

None of the configuration instructions say to put any hotkeys under the ISB42 - Party keymap, which is what you have done.

And the Interact With Target - Face Target mapped key, is specifically setup to try and get your toons to face toward the target, and not move, which is why 1. it is named what it is, and 2. why it is setup the way it is.

Did you actually follow the instructions on the WIKI page linked by Lax, which details the exact items you should configure (which is not what you are configuring).

For SetView. That is an in game camera setting. You can create a macro to do it, or you can go into your in game options and set a hotkey on the Camera View settings (there are 5 I believe), which if you then double tap the hotkey set, it will swing your toons around to that preconfigured view setting. If you want all toons to swing around to the same setting, setup a Straight Key Broadcast using the mapped key wizard for that key. Then when you double tap it, all toons will swing around.

If you do happen to make a setview macro, you can, with some tweaking, adjust the Interact With Target mapped keys to execute it as part of that whole process, although you may want to separate that as a different mapped key altogether.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:48 pm

And because I didn't read your first reply post in the chain, but realised I did answer most, but not all, of that.

There are descriptions of each of the Key Maps in the properties pane for each.

The mapped keys are named to describe what they do, however you may be finding it confusing because there are several with similar names, that all look like they do the same thing. This is usually because those particular ones are called by other mapped keys, and are there to handle various game setups. So not everything applies specifically to your setup, and if you are confused by it, you are probably looking in the wrong place (for now at least).
<<

sharbat

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:47 am

None of the configuration instructions say to put any hotkeys under the ISB42 - Party keymap, which is what you have done.

I haven't really found any configuration instructions for what I want to do.

As I stated before, I need a step by step instruction. I just read your answers and I still am puzzled how to make only the not active character do something. Yes, i can have both characters interact with something. But i just one the one thats not active.

Any idea how to do that? Best in a step by step way? Because setting the base hotkeys to all w/o current does NOT work
<<

sharbat

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:05 am

I am still puzzled how to achieve the entry question. Is it impossible to do with isboxer?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:18 am

sharbat wrote:I am still puzzled how to achieve the entry question. Is it impossible to do with isboxer?

What is wrong with the default IWT setup that ISBoxer provides? You kill something, you re-target it with your main, and you press your IWT to loot and/or skin the mob. For gathering, you can either utilize the game's Interact with Mouseover (IWM) function, temporarily enable Repeater, or switch windows.

Unless there's something else I missed in this thread, then that's it, but since you have begun changing the Targets of the default set of Mapped Keys, then you could've easily broken something.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft