FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Noob question: Cant get ATG to work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

August78

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Noob question: Cant get ATG to work

I am trying my best to get ATG to work. I have a 5-man setup of 3 mages, 1 war and 1 priest, and I want to send an action only to my mages ie to sheep on assist. I have made an ATG called mages, and I have a keymap set called sheep. I placed my three mages in the ATG mages group, and in the sheep keymap I said I want SHIFT + 7 to be sent to the all of mages atg. However, the mages do nothing, even though I've made sure they have a target.

Now, I get a bit confused by the layout of isboxer. Specifically, I get confused by the two keymaps called
- Combat Broadcast
- Combat Broadcast Hotkeys

Almost all of the keys residing inside them are equal, but in the broadcast hotkeys one there are keybindings listed. Why do I have both of these, and what is the function of each?

Now, back to my original question: I was thinking that since shift+7 is already listed in both the combat broadcast and combat broadcast hotkeys, I would delete them from there since they might interfere with my atg sheep hotkey. I was watching a guide on ATG by Multiboxology, but the thing is that he doesn't work with a similar profile to mine. He has deleted everything, so he demonstrates with just a couple of keymaps total in his isboxer and things work right away. When I try to do the same, nothing happens ... hehe Please help :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Re: Noob question: Cant get ATG to work

August78 wrote:Now, I get a bit confused by the layout of isboxer. Specifically, I get confused by the two keymaps called
- Combat Broadcast
- Combat Broadcast Hotkeys

These are part of the default wizard generated setup. One holds mapped keys which do things. The other calls those mapped keys which do things, but also have the Hotkeys to trigger the action. Why two? Because it allows the default config to have an overlay bar for your ingame action bars that also call those mapped keys, and it will 1, perform the same action, and 2, still work (by mouse click) even when the Key Maps are disabled. How? the toggle for Key Maps only disables/enables those Key Maps that have the word "Hotkeys" in the name, so ideally, you only have Hotkeys on the mapped keys in the Key Maps which have the word Hotkeys in the name (unless they fall into the Always On category).

For your Custom mapped keys, the ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys, is a really good choice.

As for your issue.
Yes, you shouldn't have multiple mapped keys with the same hotkey (SHIFT+7 presumably) as this will result in multiple mapped keys processing from the same hotkey and the end result may not be what you expect. You are correct to remove the hotkey from ISB42 Combat Broadcast Hotkeys, if it was set. Deleting may be a bit drastic, but whatever works for you.

Now, you do say you created a new Key Map set called Sheep. Did you assign it to your team? Did you add it to the Key Maps toggle?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:59 pm

August78 wrote:I was watching a guide on ATG by Multiboxology, but the thing is that he doesn't work with a similar profile to mine. He has deleted everything, so he demonstrates with just a couple of keymaps total in his isboxer and things work right away. When I try to do the same, nothing happens ... hehe Please help :)

In addition to what bob said, the profiles provided in the description of my videos are for educational purposes only, and are not meant to be used as a "load-it-up-and-go" solution.
<<

August78

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:00 am

Thanks guys. I finally got the problem figured out last night. God, this program should come with an iq requirement :D (I love it though!)

The problem is that the wizard makes the combat broadcast hotkeys target the combat action group, so when I wanted to have shift +7 target my mages atg, it was already sending that combo to the combat atg.
So by reassigning the hotkey to mages it finally worked :)

And thank you very much for all the videos you make to help demonstrate isboxer Mirai!
<<

August78

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Another question: The combat broadcast group targets the combat ATG. Yet, in the description of this group it says it isn't meant to contain any hotkeys. If I want keys to be targetted at another ATG like "mages", do I change this in combat broadcast, or combat broadcast hotkeys?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:32 pm

The mapped keys in Combat Broadcast Hotkeys are for Hotkeys, as the name implies. They call the mapped key in Combat Broadcast to do things. Combat Broadcast does all the magic. If you are going to change the ATG, that is in Combat Broadcast.

In reality, you can set hotkeys and mapped keys up where you like. Key Maps are just containers, specifically there to group mapped keys. The group itself plays no role and has no impact, other than in the default configuration, only certain Key Maps are affected by the Activate Maps (enable/disable Key Maps) toggle.

Return to Key Maps