FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Noob question: Cant assist me to work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

August78

Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:42 am

Noob question: Cant assist me to work

I am brand new to multiboxing. I have dived in and purchased subs for 5 accounts. I got assist me to work at first, and bound the hotkey to my mouse. Then suddenly it stopped working, and I really cant seem to figure out what happened. Ihave searched on the net for answers. Those answers seem to point to the wow game client keybindings, making sure to unbind any combinations of backspace and modifiers. I have done so, but it still doesnt work. I have manually logged in to each client and unbound backspace and all the modifiers in order, but to no avail. I am getting an error message saying that no assist me method is found or something like that.

I also get confused because of the many types of assists available, and I dont know which one is proper to use. I am trying to use the FTL one. I have follow me FTL working fine, but none of my followers are targetting my target when I click assist me hotkey.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:22 am

Re: Noob question: Cant assist me to work

If, on the final step of the Quick Setup Wizard, you chose to use the "(WoW Macro)" under the Party Mechanics section, then your Character Set would've already been set up with an "Active Method" for both Follow and Assist. I don't currently have a reason for why they wouldn't be assigned if you already did that, unless, perhaps, you've deleted the default Key Maps at some point in the past, and then recreated them with the Wizard, but failed to recreate the Character Set in question.

Now, you can assign Active Methods under the "Virtual Mapped Keys" tab of your Character Set, but if you've no idea what you're doing in there (I can't provide a screenshot), then it's probably best to clear your profile (File > Clear), restart ISBoxer, and then re-run the Quick Setup Wizard.
<<

August78

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:42 am

Thanks. Yes, clearing the profile and starting over was the solution for me. Assist me ftl is working fine now.
I probably deleated something in the keymaps that i shouldnt have.
<<

August78

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:02 am

By the way, Bob mentions that I shouldnt really delete the keymaps, but I've been looking for a way to "disable" keymaps instead of deleting. Is there a way to do that? I think i saw Mirai do something that toggled them on/off marked with red, but I couldn't figure out what it was.
<<

August78

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:22 am

bah I got it to work yesterday, and today it doesn't work anymore :(

So again the two combat broadcast "folders" get me confused. The wizard makes the one called only broadcast the combat ATG the target of ctrl+7. The combat broadcast hotkey targets only window current, and calls for the map in the broadcast folder. It's very intricate... So I tried changing the broadcast keymap CTRL+7 to target the mages all + round robin, and i made sure to have my mages in the mages atg. They just stand there looking dumb when i press the key combo in game.

So which of the folders (combat broadcast or combat broadcast keymap) should I be changing to make it stop pointing to the combat atg and start pointing to mages?

Return to General