FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Computer screen turns Monochrome

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pierce

Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:10 am

Computer screen turns Monochrome

Ok this is a tough one to explain but I will try.
I launched my 6 character LOTRO set like normal. When the first screen launches it turns my entire desktop
into some horrible blue monochrome colour. This forces me to reboot my computer to reset things.
I tried a screen and video capture to show yourselves the issue I am having but on review those images/screencasts
show up perfectly fine (normal colour). I hope you understand what I am saying and can advise me
on the possible setting I may have screwed up somewhere.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:40 am

Re: Computer screen turns Monochrome

Uhhh, lol.

So, it doesn't sound -- at all -- like a setting you've messed up, especially nothing relating to ISBoxer.

You most likely have a driver issue or a hardware issue. I would start by checking for video driver updates.

If video drivers dont resolve it, I guess grab us Compatibility Diagnostics from ISBoxer's Help menu. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

pierce

Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:53 pm

What I've done so far:

1. Downloaded the latest drivers for my video card AMD Radeon RX480. Problem still persists.
2. Run the game outside of ISBoxer and everything operates normally.
3. isboxerlotrolaunch.png: I've run one character from isboxer in this screenshot. It's when I hit Play on the Lotro launcher things go haywire.
A screenshot when my pc hits that ugly monochrome view doesn't show my problem. The screenshot looks fine. Why my screenshot app Snagit is
not capturing what I see on screen is beyond me. It feels like it's something superficial on top and not underlying.
4. Added a diagnostics report. You might be able to see something that I cannot.

I haven't ruled out that there could be something wrong with LOTRO itself. It just seems strange that launching 1 character within isboxer forces
some kind of re-configuration of my entire desktop of which a restart of my pc resolves.

Anyway thanks for any help you can provide.
Attachments
Lotro_20190801.txt
(53.71 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
isboxerlotrolaunch.png
isboxerlotrolaunch.png (779.67 KiB) Viewed 4806 times
<<

pierce

Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:31 am

Sometimes my brain doesn't function. I should have attached a photo from my phone in the first post!. Attached now so you can see what I see.
Attachments
phonescreenshot4.png
phonescreenshot4.png (109.08 KiB) Viewed 4794 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:53 am

So we have had 3 reports on this now.
The common theme between the other 2 are Windows 1903 update which is being slowly rolled out. The other components of the systems are completely different i.e. Nvidia Grpahics, AMD Graphics, Intel CPU, AMD CPU. Brand new 2080Ti with latest driver, R9 390 driver unknown.

So. The suggestion at this stage would be to do what one of the others has done and rollback the Windows 1903 update, and see if that fixes the issue. It fixed it immediately for that user. We've yet to get confirmation from the other user.
<<

pierce

Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Too late for me to rollback that update. I'm not going to do a total windows re-install at this point. Will play around
with some settings this weekend and see how I fare.
<<

pierce

Post Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:16 pm

For anyone following this thread I have found an interim fix. Still would like the proper fix to be applied somewhere somehow.
My initial suspicion is a Microsoft update which screwed me and not an AMD driver issue.

Anyway:

I loaded up my 6 character set through IS Boxer like normal (with the horrible purplish/bluish tint as per a previous post).
I then went into my Display settings and switched over to my TV (HDMI). This showed my setup looking proper and not messed up.
Switched back from my TV to my PC (DVI) and now things look normal again on my monitor. I still have no idea where the real issue is.

It's working for me and I am going with it. Will still check if window or AMD updates fix things over time.
<<

Bors

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:35 am

Hello all,
For the purpose of documenting another occurrence,
I am having the exact same issue. I was running successfully for years with win 7 until a day ago when I switched to Win 10 pro. I am running an nvidia Gforce 1060 with the latest drivers installed. Launching LOTRO outside of isboxer works fine, however starting up isboxer and launching team results in blue screen like photo above. I have tried compatibility modes for isboxer however they were not successful. I'll look into the win 1903 update, however I'm not sure how to roll that back.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:36 am

Hi. Yes this is still an issue under investigation. We are aware it happens and that it is something specific to Win1903.
<<

Bors

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:39 pm

Thank you Bob..

Any idea on an ETA.
Also I was wondering if there was a way to rollback the 1903. I don't have a restore point as I did an upgrade from Win 7 and it did the patches as part of the installation.

Thanks for your help
Next

Return to General