FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems running IS with high end/high DPI Notebook

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Lyz

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:46 am

Problems running IS with high end/high DPI Notebook

Hi All,

I have a problem getting InnerSpace running correctly on my notebook. It works on a different computer (Win7, 8 year old and not really good for playing performance wise).

IS doesn't open the proper amount,size and position of instances (only one instance). Also the keys for turning on/off broadcasting and key maps are missing. But it tells me if I log in with the wrong character. I also have camera spinning problem where the camera is rotating when I move the mouse while I press the right or left mouse button.

Nothing is crashing. it just doesnt work. The console says that it couldnt complete the character set after 3 min.

I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with Windows10, Sophos antivir, windows firewall (I allowed InnerSapce). No software mentioned in the topic "What to do if ISBoxer or the game will not launch" is installed.

Any idea?

Thanks
Lyz
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:56 am

Re: Problems running IS with high end/high DPI Notebook

Sophos could be considered on of those pieces of software that may need to be temporarily uninstalled to verify.

That said most of your symptoms would seem to be related to 1. Windows Display Scaling not being 100%, and 2. Using WoW DirectX 12 or DirectX 11 profiles, rather than the DirectX 11 Legacy profile. I have to guess at the game as it's not mentioned, but WoW is the one that has been a bit funny with similar issues.

For the Display Scaling, you can obviously set Windows to be 100%, which might make things a bit tiny on a laptop. You can also try setting the Application Compatibility on the ISBoxer Toolkit to System and then re-creating the Window Layout for the team.

For the other, you can change the Game Profile that is set in the Character properties in the toolkit.
Select each character in the top left, and in the lower right change the Game/Game Profile drop downs so you are using the WOW DX11 Legacy client. If you are using the launcher, then you can avoid this and just set DX11 Legacy in the in game options.
<<

Lyz

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks for the quick answer bob, but unfortunately nothing mentioned worked.

I already tried the DPI stuff. Setting it at 100% is ok for testing (3840x2160 with 15") but I'm kind of glad that this doesn't seem to be the problem - else I would need a mgnifier to play (yes WOW). On the other hand I have two standard DPI-monitors attached. With or without them - there is no difference in the appearance of the problem (even if I tell ISB to use only the other screens - it still starts one client on the notebook screen, with frame, although it should be without a frame).

Direct X11 Legacy is what I used already. Double checked that it is selected everywhere as you mentioned in your last point.

I changed the DPI setting in ISB which helped with some wierd scaling of the tool, but it didn't change anything regarding the functionality of IB or the camera spinning.
Deinstalling Sophos didn't help either.

I'm kind of clueless (can I reinstall Sophos now? Feel kind of naked without it :oops: ).
<<

bob

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:02 pm

Sure you can reinstall Sophos. The point is testing, if it didn't change the situation put it back. That said, your computer is at little risk without it as Windows Defender does take over when you have no other registered AV, and most of the risk largely depends on your own internet habits.

So, the problem with notebooks is Optimus (the amalgamation of Intel GPU and NVidia GPU).

You might be able to resolve the issue by.
1. In the bottom of the toolkit there is a Computers node. Right click that, select New Computer, and then give it a name. The details it generates should be based on the current computer, so you shouldn't need to do anything with them.
2. Assign the Character Set to the computer by Selecting the character set in the top left, and then Dragging/Dropping the computer from the top left to the lower left. This should add a subnode to the Computers node showing in the lower left.
3. Create a new Window Layout using the Window Layout Wizard. Don't select one which says "existing" in brackets.
4. Export to InnerSpace

Relaunch, see if the problem is resolved.
<<

Lyz

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 am

Did exactly what you said but it didn't help. I even used a second computer and tried to use the Notebook as a slave. IS is loading one client and even tells me that it launched the game successfully. But that's it.
The same problem is also being discussed here: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9133&p=47121#p47121
Tried the suggestions from this thread too without success.

Frustrating ....

Lyz
<<

bob

Post Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:44 pm

The best thing at this point will be a compatibility diagnostic. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

Return to General