Moderator: MiRai

<<

isbsage

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:56 pm

How do I use round robin in wow ?

Hey,
I'd like to use Round Robin, just like in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6gsNLMsVI
You can see how it's done at minute 1:30 or so.

The problem is, the video is like 6 years old and the isboxer interface changed in the meantime, thus I can't replicate what's there. I want to use the round robin in WoW, for the spell "Frost Nova", so it will be cast on each character once I press the key "8" for example, like in the video.
So I'd like it to be like: I press 8, it casts Frost Nova on char 1, then I press 8 again, it casts Frost Nova on char 2 and so on. I just googled for "wow round robin" and pretty much all the results are 5-6 years old -.-

So can anyone show a recent video about it or try to explain me exactly how it's done ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Re: How do I use round robin in wow ?

If you are using the default mapped keys, you tick the box here.

Otherwise, you remove the Hotkey from the 8 Mapped Key in ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys, and then use the Mapped Key Wizard, to setup a Round Robin Broadcast type. If you want it to Assist on this as well, then there will probably be some additional work to add that in.
<<

isbsage

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks a lot, I assigned it to "8" and round robin worked. However, if I change the "8" keybinding ingame to something else ( for example CTRL + R ), it doesn't work anymore. Where exactly do I need to modffy in Isboxer and replace the 8 with CTRL + R so the round robin works with my prefered keybinding, instead of a keybinding from 0 to = ?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:00 pm

isbsage wrote:Thanks a lot, I assigned it to "8" and round robin worked. However, if I change the "8" keybinding ingame to something else ( for example CTRL + R ), it doesn't work anymore. Where exactly do I need to modffy in Isboxer and replace the 8 with CTRL + R so the round robin works with my prefered keybinding, instead of a keybinding from 0 to = ?

If you wish to set up something custom, then we suggest using the Mapped Key Wizard, and then modifying it from there. Otherwise, you can modify the Mapped Keys in "Combat Broadcast" to send whichever key(s) you'd prefer, but doing so affects every Character Set that uses them.
<<

isbsage

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:02 am

Thanks a lot for answers :)
I'm still not sure why it doesn't work when I change to my preferred shortcut, instead of the default 1 to = ones. Can you post a print screen or video on how exactly to do it ?

it works very well and just as planned if I use it with the 1 to = keybinding, but as soon as I change to any other shortcut, it doesn't work anymore. I want to change it to CTRL + R
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:07 pm

isbsage wrote:Thanks a lot for answers :)
I'm still not sure why it doesn't work when I change to my preferred shortcut, instead of the default 1 to = ones. Can you post a print screen or video on how exactly to do it ?

it works very well and just as planned if I use it with the 1 to = keybinding, but as soon as I change to any other shortcut, it doesn't work anymore. I want to change it to CTRL + R

Based on your previous reply (below), I'm somewhat confused. You're sending "8" to the game client, and you're wondering why the ability set to "Ctrl+R" isn't firing off?

isbsage wrote:Thanks a lot, I assigned it to "8" and round robin worked. However, if I change the "8" keybinding ingame to something else ( for example CTRL + R ), it doesn't work anymore.

So, do you want to press "8" and send "Ctrl+R," or do you want to press "Ctrl+R" and also send "Ctrl+R?" This is where I'm lost.
<<

isbsage

Post Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:55 am

When it's set to "key combination 8" in isboxer and i have it as 8 set in wow client as well, it works as intended. However, as soon as I change the shortcut both in game and in isboxer ( and export it to inenrspace, of course), it stops working! For example, if I set it to CTRL+R in isboxer ( istead of 8 ) and CTRL+R in game, it doesn't work. Furthermore, not only round robin doesn't work, but the assist itself doesn't work either.

And the question is, how do i set up so it works ( either assist or round robin ) with my prefered shortcuts, instead of the default 1 to =. If I change the shortcut to anything else, it stops working. And I'd really need a short video or a printscreen, like bob posted on how to use, for example, round robin just like in bob's example, but WITH ANY OTHER SHORTCUT, except the default 1 to =.

Hope I can get an answer soon, as the abilities started to pile up and I just can't put them all in 1 to = anymore, thus can't use them on all the characters now that I'm almost level 20.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:24 am

If you wanted to change both the hotkey AND the in game receiving value you need to change two places in ISBoxer for that as well as the in game bind.

It is probably easier to use the Mapped Key Wizard to make a new mapped key instead.

What type of mapped key is really going to depend on the end result you want.

A Round Robin type will give you the basic thing you are after. However it does not Auto Assist.
If you want an Assist and Broadcast type, then choose that, and once it has been created, find the CTRL+R in the newly created mapped key and tick the Round Robin tick box as per above.
<<

isbsage

Post Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 am

Damn, thanks both of you guys :)
I've watched MiRai video about ground targeting as I needed that, then I figured out what bob was saying as well and was able to make both Assist and Broadcast and Roundrobin ( with assist and broadcast ). It all makes sense now, but honestly I didn't understand much until I've watched MiRai's video. There were simply too many options in the Mapped Key Wizard and they were confusing me.

Once again, thanks a lot! Now i can finally use the shortcuts I'm used to for so many years, while also multiboxing :P

Return to World of Warcraft