FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

assist only on specific characters

Moderator: MiRai

<<

godbox

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 am

assist only on specific characters

Greetings,

just recently tried out isboxer (and mutliboxing in general) and so far im having a blast.

Im planning to roll classic with a mixed team of 5 different classes (who doesnt like a challenge?)

heres what im trying to do:
have only my mage assist my active character (FTL), stopattack and sheep (my mage does auto attacks in between wand hits for some extra damage; i dont wand him to break the sheep right after its cast)
the other chars should all stick to their current target and keep doing what theyre doing.
the stopattack part can probably be done via macro ingame, but im not sure how to do the assist from every game window.
any advice is highly appreciated ;)

Cheers
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:30 am

Re: assist only on specific characters

In ISboxer (and for WoW specifically), to have all characters assist the main, in a mapped key you use a Named World Of Warcraft macro action, and have it send to the Window: All w/o Current.
For a specific character, you would normally select the slot in the drop down, or an Action Target Group, of which the applicable character(s) is a member.

The rest of it, as you said, could probably be covered in a macro.

If you want to handle this all with a single hotkey, then it gets a bit trickier, and does depend on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.
<<

godbox

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:43 am

Alright, so now i have a Combat Map Key that does the assist macro (works like charm btw, thanks man!), then sends the key to the active window and to the mage.
I plan to have a stopattack/sheep macro in that slot on my mage and just a stopattack macro on all other chars.

The only issue i see is that if the mage is the active char, the key gets send twice, right?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:47 am

That it would. You can use Advanced Targets (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Target) to exclude the current window from one of them (you type it in yourself in the target box).

e.g. on the second ALT+D you can use:
Mage&~self

Reason for the second one is that sending a keystroke to the local window is processed immediate, but sending to a group goes to the main uplink for processing, which determines which session gets it, and then sends it back to the window; so if we can make it a bit more efficient, we should do so.

If your mage is also the main, then the Assist might be self&~Mage to exclude sending the Assist too :).
<<

godbox

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:04 pm

cheers mate <3

isboxer felt a little overwhelming at first, but im starting to get a hang on it.
learned more from your 2 posts then in 1 hour of self teaching :D

Return to Key Maps