FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Few questions about new follow system for 2/4men

Moderator: MiRai

<<

WARwaaagh

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:23 am

Few questions about new follow system for 2/4men

Greeting!

I was off force few years, but now I got some times can spare and kill, I guess playing the old school game will be a better way :D .

I saw lot of changed on ISBoxer especially on follow/assist, look more easy to setup... But, I'm still confuse how to make it work. First of all, allow me intrudcing couple my system spec, keyboard and mouse. I will name the keys below so better call out first.

1. AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16 Cores 32 Threads Processor
2. 2x ASUS ROG Strix GTX1080ti on SLI (i knew isboxer not support SLI, but it's been used many years, so leave it alone.)
3. Main screen: 2x 24 inch (3840 x 1080) with SLI & NV Surround mode
4. Accessory screen: 1x 29 inch (2560 x 1080) FHD
4. Corsair K95 Premium Keyboard, 6 macro keys at left hands. G1 - G4 will binds for Instants swap; G5 bind for Mouse Repeat, G6 for Toggle click bars
5. Gigabyte M600 Gaming Mouse with 12-mechanic macro keys on thumb side, changed Keystroke to Numpad, Num1-Num0, Num- and Num+. Here I will binds Num01 on DPS Combat, and Num04 on Auto-Follow.
6. System Power Plan on Ultimate Performance mode.

Here are the questions:
A)
2men sets -
CPU cores for Main - 1,2,3,4,5,6,...,16, 60/30 FPS
for 2nd - 17,18,19,20,...,32 60/30 FPS

4men set -
CPU cores for Main - 1-14 (7+7) with 60/30 FPS
for 2nd - 15-20 (3+3) with 60/10 FPS
for 3rd - 21-26 (3+3) with 60/10 FPS
for 4th - 27-32 (3+3) with 60/10 FPS
Are these correct?

B)
Regarding this post viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8530, I had the same problem, the follow didn't work. When I press Num04 (auto-follow), the 2nd instant dispalyed message "You have no current target to follow"; either swap to other instant became main screen, the message appeared too. So how the new follow system working? What difference with the old system?
I'd tried to old school profile and compare the new system, problem still remain. I'm confuse :cry:

C)
Here is my profile
Old & New Key Maps.xml
(180.1 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
If compare old & new, what's different on them? (Sorry I had deleted some keybinds I never use)
Key Maps Old & New.PNG
Key Maps Old & New.PNG (8.88 KiB) Viewed 8473 times

D)
If I want to adjust the 3 other instant clients resolution, how do I do?
4men Windows Layout.PNG
4men Windows Layout.PNG (10.91 KiB) Viewed 8473 times

Please help!

Thanks so much in advance. :) :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:51 am

Re: Few questions about new follow system for 2/4men

A. Whatever works

B. The "new" setup uses some virtualization to remap between various options for certain functions, like different follow methods which are more applicable to some games or the other. Depending on what Follow/Assist method you chose during the Quick Setup Wizard, would determine how those mappings are set. That said, you've removed the Virtual Mapped Keys for Follow and Assist that would normally be configured, so I don't know what you chose.

C. You will need to check your Per Slot Variable Keystrokes. They appear to be incorrect as the toon is not targeting the other toon they should be when the Follow command is issued.

D. After the layout has been created, you can select it in the top left, in the lower left, select Regions, and then you can change things around.

If you actually want to change their resolution so they are not rendering internally at 3840,1080, then that gets a bit trickier. The easiest option is to use the Window Layout Wizard, create a new layout, and set Instant Swapping = false.

E. You might want to look at the ISB42 - Toggles -> Activate Maps (all windows) mapped key. it may not be doing what you want to toggle things on an off.
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Thanks so much Bob!

After long times off the game and full loaded of work tasks, my brain like hard stone and filled full of shit :D . YES, I'll keep try. It's great funs with ISboxer before, I want to continue and more. After posted this, I'd watrched few tutories videoclips by Lax, I think there're many parts was my mistaken. It's simple task but I'd made them terrible :o !

Belivery me, I can make it. Thanks the replied! Time to start digging!

Cheers,
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:59 am

:lol: I made it. Few clicks tried after, the dual boxer finally working. I also added more acts on. The main still used manual act like normal playing, the rest IS will assist the main with Party mode by just one single key press, I had bound with Num4 on Assist Me, Num1 on follow.

Thanks so much for all!
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:32 am

@Bob, May I asking another question, probaly the last question for this post.

Where is the Action Bar Overlay in new System now?
Action Bar Overlay.PNG
Action Bar Overlay.PNG (50.54 KiB) Viewed 8439 times

How can I reload it into game after Character Sets build? I has a idea wonna try this function.

Thanks all in advance :| .

I will share the finsih profile (2men Korriban/Hutta and 4men4classes) after all test success. Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:45 am

There is a tick box at the end of the Quick Setup Wizard for it.
If you don't tick this, then it wont display for this team.

However, you can fix this. Select your Character Set in the top left, in the lower left select Menus, and in the lower right, highlight "ISB42 - Standard". Export
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:04 am

bob wrote:There is a tick box at the end of the Quick Setup Wizard for it.
If you don't tick this, then it wont display for this team.

However, you can fix this. Select your Character Set in the top left, in the lower left select Menus, and in the lower right, highlight "ISB42 - Standard". Export

@Bob,
Like this
Standard.PNG
Standard.PNG (8.45 KiB) Viewed 8435 times
?

Also if I has 2 broadcast action bars, can I add another overlay on the 2nd hotbar like Shift+1 - Shift+=?

Thanks,

PS. I got it. Never mind. And thanks again!

Cheers,

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic