World of Warcraft 7.3.0 Compatibility - Update Sep 10 2017

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:23 pm

World of Warcraft 7.3.0 Compatibility - Update Sep 10 2017

So after another long day of work..

Sept 13 2017: Inner Space build 6195 is now LIVE, correcting issues with World of Warcraft 7.3.0.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW
================================

As many of you are discovering today, launching WoW 7.3 with Inner Space/ISBoxer produces a "Failed to execute" error.

The fix for this issue is not simple. It is not a line of code I can find a typo in to make it no longer "Fail to execute". There is not a simple workaround to e.g. "just use wow.exe instead of wow-64.exe" (this results in exactly the same error, don't waste your time!). But, the fix is coming!

Since WoW 7.3 came to the Public Test Realm (PTR), I have been working hard on refactoring/rewriting the most complicated and innermost piece of Inner Space. This must be done in order to support a change they made to the way the game is packaged, which results in this error. The original intent was to complete this work before the release of WoW 7.3, and up until today that was still the basic plan. Obviously we're past that deadline.

An optimistic (if things move along smoothly) ETA at the moment is by sometime tomorrow evening (8/30, 6PM EST or later). Things almost never go smoothly.

Stay tuned for further updates :)

Edit: While you're here waiting, feel free to drop by the ISBoxer Discord. You can get the latest updates on this issue in our #World_of_Warcraft channel. :)

You can also check out LavishQuest while you wait -- earn free IS/ISBoxer subscription time and other rewards for chatting on our Discord server, the ISBoxer Chat Room, posting on the forum, and related things you might already be doing. https://www.lavishsoft.com/account/lavishquest
<<

diaz06

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:08 am

Re: World of Warcraft 7.3.0 Compatibility

Hello,

Thanks for your work, i hope you will find the solution for this issue. :)
<<

MrDSP-Multibox

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Keep up the good work, we can wait for it to be done properly :)
<<

mds0001

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks for the update. Good luck! :D
<<

Barrik

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Eagerly awaiting news it's fixed. Thanks for letting us know. I came to realize I don't like playing one account any more. :lol:

Any update on how it's going?
Last edited by Barrik on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

igorleite

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Please solve the problem as soon as possible ... I'm losing a lot of gold and delaying my game in the new patch ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

igorleite

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:20 pm

You could give us a month of signature bonus as compensation for the inconvenience ... :D ;) :lol:
<<

vecter

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:38 pm

Game compatibility can break at any time and is not guaranteed, that is just the chance we take and what we have to live with. Blizzard made a significant enough change to their exe package that it requires a large rewrite for Lax which he has been working on since PTR went up with 7.3.0. Unfortunately this is not a trivial break of compatibility and is taking time. Current estimate is early evening today but no promises.
<<

JohnM

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Wow patch 7.3 day one access disadvantages

It is not really to your advantage to just jump right into Argus on the first day. Your artifact power is automatically increased by one each week until you reach artifact level 50 after 10 weeks. At artifact level 50, starting quests that are not repeatable are giving you many times more AP than they would at artifact level 41 (the artifact level on day one). Argus is a lot more fun when you are getting massive AP for quest completions than it is when you are getting insignificant amounts of AP. I didn't try 7.3 on PTR until AP was at like 46. I really liked it at that level and higher, so it's not really a disaster if you don't get started on day one of the expansion.
<<

deimon

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:48 pm

why does the research level matter when you got 60 traits on 10 chars
Next

Return to World of Warcraft