FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Neverwinter Crash After Hitting Play

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bendogs

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:36 am

Neverwinter Crash After Hitting Play

Hi,

Every time i try to run neverwinter through innerspace, i seem to crash after hitting play on the launcher.

I am using AMD 7800 series GPU, i have kill as many processes and stopped all unneeded services, It seems to work fine through innerspace in safe mode with networking. Also ESO and SWTOR work fine running through innerspace, Its only neverwinter thats the problem.

Below is processes dump (from ISboxer Diagnostics) :

http://pastebin.com/4NwHNAqk

Please help ! :)
<<

Bendogs

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Neverwinter Crash After Hitting Play

This is the process dump in safe mode when its working.

http://pastebin.com/hxN0apTJ
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:28 am

Your diagnostics show that you are preventing ISBoxer Toolkit from running in Administrator mode? The diagnostics seem to be missing some information as a result.

Are you also preventing Inner Space from running in Administrator mode? It doesn't appear in the list as running. But, If Inner Space is also not running as Admin, then that could result in unexpected/unstable behavior.

As far as it working in safe mode, the most obvious thing is that in safe mode a lot of processes in your list are no longer running, including ATI/AMD utilities for your video card. I would try shutting down the same extra processes to see if that helps. If ccc.exe, mom.exe, or Raptr happen to be running, shut them down for example.
<<

Bendogs

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:33 am

Hi Lax,

So i found the issue, but im not sure on the solution maybe you can help.

After hours of trial and error, i found out that my amd Drivers are the issue.. when i use the windows drivers for my 7800 it works fine, so i tried using older drivers to see if it would work .. but im still having the same issue. Id run it on the windows drivers if i could but they only let me run my screen at 800 x 600 at all times and very poor performance. i tried several drivers from AMD dating quite far back a few months back and the most recent driver , all the same issue.

Any ideas what i can do ? its only with neverwinter, no other games seem to do it.

Thanks! :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:06 am

I use v14.4 and it works fine with Neverwinter, but then on that computer I still have Windows 7.
<<

Bendogs

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:22 am

I Just tried 14.4 had the same issue, I'm going to stick with the latest driver, not sure where to go from here.

Maybe there's still a few compatibility issues with windows 10 :( ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:47 pm

If you are running the game in DX11, can you try DX9?
<<

Bendogs

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi Bob,

I saw a previous post about running the game in DirectX 9, Ive tried this with no luck, i thought this was the issue earlier as the windows driver for the AMD 7800 Gpu forces the use of DX 9.

I tried running it from my bros PC he has an Nvidia card and i just had the same issue with neverwinter crashing, he is also running windows 10, he just clean install yesterday with nothing but the bare minimum running.
<<

Bendogs

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Im beginning to think this is a windows 10 compatibility issue, i am able to run it fine on a windows 8 machine using AMD GPU with latest drivers. I would use this , but i dont have access to this computer often.

Thanks.
<<

Bendogs

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi Guys,

Just as lax requested running as administrator, showing the processes under gameclient.exe here:

http://pastebin.com/j1RS4TZP

Still after a solution if you guys have any ideas :) !

Thanks
Next

Return to Neverwinter