FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Skip Launcher?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hephaestus

Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Skip Launcher?

I know you can't skip the update check, but does anyone know whether there is any way to skip the launcher screen for Runes of Magic or have it just go straight from update to the login? I am having problems loading muliple windows on my second monitor and am wondering if this might help... (I have 5 boxed WoW, so its not a processing problem).
<<

Digitalxero

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Skip Launcher?

There is no way to auto launch the client.

RoM seems to be very picky about timing so if you dont click the "Launch Game" within about 3 seconds then IS thinks it is a failed launch so stops trying to launch any further clients
<<

ziggysnorkel

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 am

I can autolaunch the client, but just not through Innerspace. I'm not sure why that is, but I would love to learn how to skip the launcher through Innerspace. I would save so much time loading my 6 chars.

What I did to skip the launcher (although not working with Innerspace) is to make a shortcut of the Client.exe file. Right click that shortcut and go to the target box and type in NoCheckVersion at the end. It should read like this:

"C:\Program Files\Runes of Magic\Client.exe" NoCheckVersion

If anyone could help me figure out how to launch the game and skip the launcher through Innerspace, I'd be grateful.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:12 am

Setting it up in Inner Space:
1. Right click Inner Space
2. Select Add Game
3. Point it at client.exe
4. In the parameters box put in NoCheckVersion

Selecting in ISBoxer:
1. For each existing Character you want to use this, select the Character in the top pane in ISBoxer
2. Change the Game and Game Profile options to match the new Game (and Game Profile) added to Inner Spce
and it'll be available in the Quick Setup Wizard for any additional teams
<<

ziggysnorkel

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Yeah I should have mentioned I tried that as well. I'm not sure why, but when I launch through Innerspace, it still loads the launcher. Do you still have a copy of the game on your computer Lax?

Return to Runes of Magic