FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GGG official stance on multiboxing?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bigp3rm

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:03 am

GGG official stance on multiboxing?

I saw someones post here that their accounts were banned. Can someone provide me with a link to GGGs stance on this issue?

I want to multibox POE but not at the expense of my accounts banned.
<<

bigp3rm

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:11 am

Re: GGG official stance on multiboxing?

Found it. Mutliboxing in POE is against their TOS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/co ... ltiboxing/
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:42 am

Re: GGG official stance on multiboxing?

Probably would have been better to paste what was stated in the thread instead of an incorrect statement ...

The only thing that GGG really prohibits is Input Broadcasting. There is literally no difference on GGG's end whether you use 2 copies on one PC, or 3 or 4 copies on one PC, versus having two PCs running 2 each. So I'm not sure why they even suggest that you should have to own more physical hardware in order to log in additional characters, except that maybe they don't like poor people. Once you get into way too many accounts (the quote says 6 is ok?) there are other reasons they might not want you to do it.
Chris Wilson

A player may not run more than two copies of Path of Exile on the same computer. They may use multiple computer (or virtual machines, begrudgingly, because we can't really stop that) to run the extra clients.

There is no problem with loading six copies of the game (across multiple computers) into the same area for some reason, as long as they are not controlled by the same set of inputs.

There's no restriction on the number of connections from the same IP.

Back in November, EVE Online said they would start prohibiting input broadcasting as well. Since that time, ISBoxer has defaulted to blocking any input broadcasting not only for EVE Online, but also POE and Guild Wars 2, which also have this same rule against broadcasting but still "allow multiboxing" as per company statements.

So ... to stay fully legit within the stated rules for POE, don't enable input broadcasting (this would require you to locate an option in your Character Set for these games), and apparently only run 2 per PC.

"Mutliboxing in POE is against their TOS." is incorrect

Return to Path of Exile