FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trove/ISBoxer question/help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ussmbox

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:44 am

Trove/ISBoxer question/help

So I've been using ISBoxer for quite some time now, however I am still quite the novice.

I was wondering why ISBoxer starts weird clients when I launch my 5 clients in Trove sometimes. So my clients are named T1-5. And the proccess on task bar says is1-5 (I uploaded an image for it). However at times when I start Trove for the first time, or if a client crashes or DCs or whatever and I have to restart that client. It will start it as is6. Even at start up it can make is1/T1 into is6/T1. Making that client not responsive to my quick window switching key.

So I am curious as how to change this, if at all possible.

Another question is that it can happen that Trove is extremly zoomed in to the upper left corner. Usually if I don't pass the start up video of Trove fast enough (Trion company thingie). Added a image of it too. You can see the small windows in the bottom.
Attachments
trove2.jpg
zoomed in weirdly
trove2.jpg (136.14 KiB) Viewed 15396 times
trove.jpg
wrong client stuffie thingie
trove.jpg (60.28 KiB) Viewed 15396 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: Trove/ISBoxer question/help

The only reason it could possibly be named is6 is if is1, is2, is3, is4, is5 are already in use. You can see what they are by using the main Inner Space console; right click it and select Console and put in "sessions". If there is some other exe that is taking the name, then that would be something for me to add an exception for and definitely let me know.

I'll have to look into the bug you're describing with the resolution/zoomed appearance
<<

ussmbox

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:32 am

You are correct, it seems crashhandler.exe is occupying "is3" on this screenshot while others are not.
Attachments
trove3.jpg
sessions
trove3.jpg (200.45 KiB) Viewed 15371 times
<<

Prevail

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:49 pm

To fix this issue (for me at least, works every time on every instance of Trove)

I have caps lock set to switch between each window, I go through each one inputting alt+enter twice to enter fullscreen and leave. After you leave fullscreen, set your computers focus to another window (I have two monitors, so I just click on my chrome on my right monitor) and upon clicking back on the one you just did the key combinations on, it'll be fullscreened.

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:29 pm

ussmbox wrote:You are correct, it seems crashhandler.exe is occupying "is3" on this screenshot while others are not.

Inner Space build 6086, now the development build of Inner Space, should correct this issue with the crashhandler.exe. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. :)

I have not had time yet to address the display issue, but will check it out as soon as I can.
<<

ussmbox

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:40 am

lax wrote:Inner Space build 6086, now the development build of Inner Space, should correct this issue with the crashhandler.exe. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. :)

I have not had time yet to address the display issue, but will check it out as soon as I can.

Hello again.

The new version has indeed fixed the crashhandler.exe issue, however it feels like the zoom thingie has increased. Can be wrong. Also, I'm not sure if it's because of the developer patch I am running. But none of my logins are saved. Even when I've logged in multiple times with the same team. If I close them down and relaunch, it just goes to last saved. It doesn't save each individual account. Like I said, not sure if it's due to dev patch of if it is due to something new. :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:01 am

ussmbox wrote:But none of my logins are saved. Even when I've logged in multiple times with the same team. If I close them down and relaunch, it just goes to last saved. It doesn't save each individual account.
This should be covered by the Virtual Files. If you are using Glyph to log in, then it should have a GlyphClient.cfg and Trove.cfg for each character. If you are using some other process to launch Trove, then these two files may not be enough, or correct for that launch process.

If you are missing them completely, then you can use the Virtual File Wizard to add them to your existing Trove characters.
<<

ussmbox

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:25 pm

bob wrote:
ussmbox wrote:But none of my logins are saved. Even when I've logged in multiple times with the same team. If I close them down and relaunch, it just goes to last saved. It doesn't save each individual account.
This should be covered by the Virtual Files. If you are using Glyph to log in, then it should have a GlyphClient.cfg and Trove.cfg for each character. If you are using some other process to launch Trove, then these two files may not be enough, or correct for that launch process.

If you are missing them completely, then you can use the Virtual File Wizard to add them to your existing Trove characters.

Hello.

I've checked it out now, I do have both of those files per character. I've changed nothing but the update. It was working pre update but not post update. Each glyphclient.cfg are tuned to each account. However it still loads 1 account each and every time.

Edit: I also checked in IsBoxer under virtual files tab that the files are there and where they load from. I also tried exporting them to InnerSpace again. Didn't help.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:56 pm

Sometimes game updates break stuff, and annoyingly the developers are not forthcoming with all their code changes, so each time a game update occurs, it is possible that your multiboxing goodness will not function correctly after that update. This is normally fixed pretty quickly upon notification, but as it is summer holidays there may be a little delay.

As you has said there was a game update, it is possible that there is a new file that needs to be added, or perhaps a patch may need to be put in place on InnerSpace to deal with how Trove/Glyph accesses the files.
I don't have a Trove install, so I cannot help you on whether there is a new file required.
Lax may be a bit slower than usual determining if a patch is required for InnerSpace for the next week or so (I believe he is away currently - although remoting in periodically).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:38 pm

Inner Space build 6087, now the development build of Inner Space, corrects the "zoom" issue, where the game adjusted the resolution to match what was supposed to be a scaled-down window size. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" (unless you've already ticked it for the other fix) and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

Let me know how it goes. :)
Next

Return to Trove