FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:10 am

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Kicksome wrote:I learned the new meaning of the word one shot when I tried Caverns of Karrundax.

As far as framerates etc... I tried a different machine with Raid 0 ssd's, 4.2ghz 6/12 core processor (4xxx processor), 780 TI video and it was better. The CPU and GPU aren't even at 50% but in close combat it slows down a lot. Same machine I run like 14 wow clients on perfectly - with great FPS.

I went through those threads in detail, and it made the game playable, but I still get the weird close combat lag. I'll try your suggestion on the framerate as well.

I'm just starting out on the expansion dailies. It looks like it's going to take a while to get all the "boons".
Let us know the results after changing the background clients FPS to 3 (I would also try 2 and 5 as YMMV). For me that was the difference between being playable or not even after all the other tweaks (they all helped but the FPS limiting was the final component I needed). Sadly when I was leveling my first team during the closed betas & open-beta-launch NeverBoxer wasn't even started yet nor had those tweaks been documented nor had the FPS bug been fixed yet so I could only play 2-3 clients without bogging down which is why I only have a duo at cap (I hate grinding so my team of 5 that I targeted to join my duo at 60 is stuck around 40th level)... Speaking of FPS, in all games I also set for the Foreground window my max at 60 FPS in all cases and 30 if the game I am running has any frame-rate issues at all... This is particularly important in DDO as the game will allow the FPS to go into the 100s which will cook the GPU on some of my machines (we game from multiple PCs including several laptops depending on whether I am traveling or not or whether my kids are on or not). Even when gaming on single clients I still run them through ISBoxer in part as I like having the same keybinds even when only on 1 client but more for the FPS control... Some games have decent FPS control settings but I prefer to set them in games as high as possible and then finely control them through ISBoxer for more granular control but frankly more for consistency so that I don't have to keep remembering where the settings are in every game and can just change them on-the-fly in ISBoxer if/as needed. Regarding FPS, my understanding is that the average human eye can't really detect much difference after 30FPS and the physical limits of most monitors is 60FPS (as they run at 60Hz). I actually sometimes game on my 3D-capable monitor which is technically capable of 120FPS when not in 3D mode (as it runs at 120Hz) but even on that monitor I only game with FPS over 60 when testing or just to do it but frankly I don't notice much of a difference past 30 let alone 60...

Speaking of one-shotting, check out the picture I placed above as for awhile there parties of full GFs were able to one-shot bosses instead of the other way around... Each GF wearing the set would give each other +60% power and then the next proc would add +60% more and you could in theory get infinite power as there is no Diminishing Returns on Power but in reality you are limited by mob placement and availability and at some point you one shot everything and then run out of things to proc on and then the stacks fade... In PVP people frankly just ran or quit if they saw a premade with GFs in Captain's gear and even worse back then you could start equipping the set around level 30 (my buddies & I have the original antiquated versions) so GFs totally ruled... That was fun/funny but wasn't WAI and I am glad they fixed it... The picture should be at this post:

viewtopic.php?p=24931#p24931
<<

lemartes99

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Hey Kicksome, any progress yet ?

My team is stuck, can't make any progress at all in the T2's except pirate king. I'm respeccing my entire team before trying anything again. Going to build a crit focused team this time. Going to also see if the team can survive with only 1 DC but add some lifesteal.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:39 am

Updated IP with progress.

Lemartes or Kicksome have either of you had any changes with your teams?
<<

lemartes99

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:34 am

No, i havn't done anything expect crafting everyday.

Last time I tried temple of spider things went better, but the last boss still rapes me.
I have quite a lot of diamonds on all chars now so will have to upgrade some gems and give it another shot soon.
Still planning on trying to beat some more dungeons.

Great Weapon Fighters are at 31 now as well, so looking forward to trying them out. I did that respen event with them to get the pocket pets and they were a lot of fun.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Aside from portions of Malabog Castle it seems like we hit a wall in T2s and so far haven't seen any multiboxer get past the bulk of the T2s. If there are updates let me know and I will denote them in the 1st post.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:10 pm

Bumperino since we have no stickies ;-)
<<

deathstrike2005

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:15 am

sorry to necro this thread, but recently i bought a pack from NW while it on sale and now kinda interesting with this game, are those set up on first page still work? seem not working for me anymore
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:49 pm

deathstrike2005 wrote:sorry to necro this thread, but recently i bought a pack from NW while it on sale and now kinda interesting with this game, are those set up on first page still work? seem not working for me anymore
The first page of this thread documents the different party compositions of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams and documents what dungeons they were able to complete. I have been playing some other games lately and haven't done 5mans recently but would think that those party compositions are still valid.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:02 am

Bump.
Previous

Return to Neverwinter