FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

moving in Trove

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bulldog218

Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:39 pm

moving in Trove

I am also having the same problem with the camera on the slave getting stuck.

I have both games the same size (stacked, no swapping), but after turning broadcasting on, it seems the slave goes in his own direction.

Not quite sure how to fix this, as I am just on a trial membership but if I can get it working, I would upgrade to the year membership. Can some one help provide me with solutions? I can give any additional details as needed.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: moving in Trove

bulldog218 wrote:I am also having the same problem with the camera on the slave getting stuck.

I have both games the same size (stacked, no swapping), but after turning broadcasting on, it seems the slave goes in his own direction.

This is a limitation of multiboxing any game that does not have auto-follow. And in fact the basic answer from the FAQ entry (FAQ: Why do my toons move in different directions?) says to use the game's auto-follow feature if available in order to prevent this. Trove does not have auto-follow.

Basically what this means is that if you mean to move your characters around together, it's going to be difficult. Consider how hard it is to get your guys facing in EXACTLY the same direction, other than when you portal into somewhere. It's extremely difficult if not impossible to do. Even the tiniest difference in the direction they're facing is a problem across long distances. So you will need to take extra time and care to move around in a game like this. Even after you portal in and are in the same spot facing the same direction, slight differences in processing times between the game instances will begin to cause them to split up.

Then there's game mechanics that are going to split you up as well, for example knockback...

Return to Trove