FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Recent Issue with Left Shift Key and Marvel Heroes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

CynicalSaint

Post Wed May 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Recent Issue with Left Shift Key and Marvel Heroes

(I originally posted this on the Inner Space forum by mistake.)

Hi folks.

I have been using ISBoxer with Marvel Heroes for a few weeks without any issue. Gazillion dropped a patch (2.47, I believe) and suddenly my left shift key no longer functions properly while playing through Inner Space. It is important to note that I had no problems with my ISBoxer configuration and had not even opened ISBoxer for weeks (I just load through Inner Space) prior to this issue.

The best way to describe the issue is to say it seems as though my left shift key is sticking. After the first time I press left shift after Marvel Heroes loads, shift will activate and deactivate seemingly at random. If I type in the chat window, for instance, I'll see asasasASASaSASASASaSASASasasaASASA without touching the left shift key as I type. Clearly, this affects gameplay as well.

I thought my shift key was actually sticking at first. The problem persisted after stripping down and thoroughly cleaning my keyboard. I then checked to be sure left shift operates correctly in other programs. It does. Finally, I tried running Marvel Heroes without Inner Space and the left shift functions properly. As soon as I run Marvel Heroes with Inner Space, the problem occurs.

I'm guessing this is something simple I am overlooking as a relatively new user. I have not changed any of the settings since I began using IS (during the trial, actually) and did not have any problems until that patch.

Does anyone have a similar experience or advice?

This is my configuration, in case that helps. Lax already looked it over and didn't see anything obvious.

Thanks!
<<

jubjubmarvel

Post Thu May 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: Recent Issue with Left Shift Key and Marvel Heroes

Same thing is happening to me. Everything was working perfectly for three months until recently. Exact same issue with the shift key going bonkers. Also, it seems other keys get stuck at random too. Like Q will get stuck and nonstop use that spell. Or I can't use the space key which is my move key. Or I can't left click and just stand there shooting as if shift is being held down.

Very frustrating and I have no idea what is causing it all of a sudden.
<<

jubjubmarvel

Post Sat May 31, 2014 9:48 am

Totally unplayable right now. And I just paid for 90 more days, haha.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 31, 2014 9:52 am

I will be working on this issue ASAP but am still tied up today. I may have time tomorrow :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:20 pm

I have duplicated the issue and am working on it. Hopefully a fix by tomorrow :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:50 am

This should be fixed as of Inner Space build 6005! This build is currently the development build of Inner Space (as I wait for confirmations from you guys). To try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. :)
<<

jubjubmarvel

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks lax. All is back to normal. Even better, when testing, I found a rare item ($40-50) when trying it out!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:33 am

Build 6006 is now live, which includes this fix. You no longer need to use the development build to have this fix, so if you switched to it you can switch back any time the same way (un-tick box in Patcher window, re-launch).
<<

CynicalSaint

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:34 am

Oh, I wish I'd remembered to check here. Things have been so crazy lately.

Thanks for looking into this and getting it cleared up Lax! This is simply a great service you provide.

Return to Marvel Heroes