FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Update on 5 man group starting heroics.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

coplayer

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:53 am

Update on 5 man group starting heroics.

Hello everyone,

I finally got my first team to 60. 1 GF, 3 CWs and 1 DC. The group works great. I can get the first two/three bosses down in epics, the last boss is still a major challenge. There is just too much red, movement and adds going on to get them down in time. Totally different than WoW. I could do heroics so easy in Wow (just like everyone here on these forums) and some 10 mans solo.

One thing I have not been able to do is to get the CW spell Singularity to round robin. I've been able to change keybinds, edit the ISBoxer profile and switch and get skills to work no problem. For some reason I can't get Singularity to activate Round Robin. I think once I figure that out I'll have a better shot at end bosses in heroics. Any suggestions?

I feel like I am taking too long killing adds like Hexers. It takes a good 10 to 15 seconds to kill one with focused fire on them. At that point the boss and red circles have killed half the group.

Any other tips or advice on how to handle end bosses? It's impossible to keep aggro on everything and the red circles kill the group so quick whether you move or not. Not to mention the adds. The end bosses are such a huge jump in difficulty from the earlier bosses it makes it tough to down them.

Anyway, still having fun.
<<

coplayer

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: Update on 5 man group starting heroics.

Still can't get the 1 and 2 button Daily spells to fire off Round Robin. Does anyone have these setup this way? I am using the F5 key, it is for the right group, is set to Round Robin and all steps are identical to the other Round Robin keys that all work correctly for Q, E and R. Any suggestions? Are the 1 and 2 keys different somehow? I reloaded all binds.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:22 pm

coplayer wrote:Hello everyone,

I finally got my first team to 60. 1 GF, 3 CWs and 1 DC. The group works great. I can get the first two/three bosses down in epics, the last boss is still a major challenge. There is just too much red, movement and adds going on to get them down in time. Totally different than WoW. I could do heroics so easy in Wow (just like everyone here on these forums) and some 10 mans solo.

One thing I have not been able to do is to get the CW spell Singularity to round robin. I've been able to change keybinds, edit the ISBoxer profile and switch and get skills to work no problem. For some reason I can't get Singularity to activate Round Robin. I think once I figure that out I'll have a better shot at end bosses in heroics. Any suggestions?

I feel like I am taking too long killing adds like Hexers. It takes a good 10 to 15 seconds to kill one with focused fire on them. At that point the boss and red circles have killed half the group.

Any other tips or advice on how to handle end bosses? It's impossible to keep aggro on everything and the red circles kill the group so quick whether you move or not. Not to mention the adds. The end bosses are such a huge jump in difficulty from the earlier bosses it makes it tough to down them.

Welcome & I recommend you review the following thread for full details:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3956

Bottom line is that I have only heard of 2 successful group make-ups for doing full 3 boss clears in 5mans as follows:

- Most successful 5man team:CW+DCx2+GF+TR+pets: rB+cLx4 (BigCarl's team); Bigcarl's approach is that his main Foreground window is his Control Wizard and he has 2 melee in his party (CW+DCx2+GF+TR) with an ioun stone on his main CW and the Leader/Healer companions on the rest. Big Carl's mantra of "Good CC makes the fights easy" won the day though in the main Foreground Window "playing the CW ... was pretty rough till you get the hang of it." Before multi-boxing a 5man team BigCarl smartly ran his CW by itself in 5man non-multibox teams and got his GearScore above 12k+ learning CW class well and learning Dungeon Boss fights. His CW is geared and spec'ed so basically he can "chain cast Arcane Singularity" on the adds while the the rest of the group just kills the bosses. He casts one Astral shield at the DC's feet (for the 2 DCs & the CW) and the second DC puts an AS on the Tank to heal the TR & GF and any Companions nearby.

- Other successful 5man team: DCx5+pets: eDx5 BUT he was thinking GF+DCx4+pets:eDx5 would be better(lemartes99's teams); Lesmartes's approach was "slow and steady with lots of healing and mitigation so he could heal though just about anything" & his 5 tank pets kept Boss Aggro & stayed alive fine. With no GF Tank he couldn't control aggro and when he tried to FF when the adds came on the 3rd boss he ran into issues with the Tank Pets bringing the Boss causing too much damage on the party... He worked to level up a new GF to 60 but I think got burned out before really confirming that was the fix...

Personally I have a level 60 Duo of a GF+DC that I run around on and have a 2CW+3DC's party at level 30 that I am leveling up as a 5man team to join my duo. I hate leveling and work way to much but when I get them all to 60 the planned parties I want to try are as follows:

- GF+DCx4+pets:eDx3+: I think this will be my optimal setup fitting my play-style playing the GF to DPS on the boss with the 3+ Epic Tank pets until the adds come for a "slow and steady with lots of healing and mitigation to heal though just about anything approach". Basically with the 4 DCs keep an alternating Astral Shield up on all times on both the 4 DCs (away from the Boss) & an Astral Shield on the Boss for the GF & Tank pets. When the adds come I plan to use a Fire team to keep at least 3 DCs on the Boss with their 3+ Epic Tank pets ping-pong Taunting him and use the GF to go and aggro/taunt the adds & mow down the adds (my GF is a DPS Conqueror build with 1500+GS & 6000+ power before buffs). My main DC & GF (who currently use Ioun Stones instead of Tank pets) will likely be in a different Fire team and together work on the adds so the GF shouldn't bring the boss with him with the Tank pets taunting the boss away from the 4 DCs...

- GF+DCx2+CWx2+pets:TBD: If the above fails I plan to mix in 1-2 CW's to chain cast Arcane Singularity to focus more on Crowd Control...

The above being said, with your party being 1 GF, 3 CWs and 1 DC I think you are at least 1 DC short of being able to successfully heal a party though most epics. I could be wrong and while most non-multi-box 5 man parties I run with only have 1 GF & 1 DC with 3 DPS BUT everyone in there can move fast and independently react and think that at least 2 DCs are mandatory when 5boxing in 5-man Dungeons. I wish you full success and would be glad to be proven wrong but based on successes so far I think you likely should consider leveling up at least 1 more DC to swap in... Maybe Rangers will be released soon and you can level a 5man party of DCs and Rangers so you have options to try different teams...

I hope that helps. Again welcome and thanks for sharing your experiences and please report back if you fully clear any dungeons including the last boss so I can update the "List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments" thread. Speaking of that thread if you can post over there on that thread (in addition to your team makeup) what server you are on and what pets you are fielding I will update the original post).

Most importantly I am glad you are having fun.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:19 am

coplayer wrote:Still can't get the 1 and 2 button Daily spells to fire off Round Robin. Does anyone have these setup this way? I am using the F5 key, it is for the right group, is set to Round Robin and all steps are identical to the other Round Robin keys that all work correctly for Q, E and R. Any suggestions? Are the 1 and 2 keys different somehow? I reloaded all binds.
Did you get this working? I am pretty sure this was working on my team and that the 1 & 2 behaved the same as Q,E,R.

On my setup based upon NeverBoxer 1.0 my F4 key is bound to send 1 round-robin to the 'ranged' Action Target Group and similarly my F5 is bound to send 2.

Shift-F4 & Shift-F5 send 1 or 2 to all the ranged characters for a "Full DPS Salvo Daily".

Are you using NeverBoxer 1.0 or your own setup?

Maybe upload screenshots of your keybind setups.
<<

lemartes99

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm in the same boat as you, the last boss is impossible it seems, at least for my team.

Which dungeons can you get the first 2 bosses down ? I've just started trying them again and plan to give each one a try to see if any are doable. Really only need 1 that we can fully clear for the dungeon delves.

Definitely a lot different from WoW.
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:22 pm

lemartes99 wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you, the last boss is impossible it seems, at least for my team.

Which dungeons can you get the first 2 bosses down ? I've just started trying them again and plan to give each one a try to see if any are doable. Really only need 1 that we can fully clear for the dungeon delves.

Definitely a lot different from WoW.
From the dungeons I have run I would think the Temple of Idrus is likely one of the best for a 5man team (especially if the coffin is still usable). I have an Ioun stone on my GF & Main DC and I got 3 Galeb Dur's for the 3 DCs I am leveling. I plan to have the 3 DCs in one FireTeam and my main DC in the same Fire Team as my GF.

I would have the GF Taunt the boss away from the Coffin as much as possible (hard with the teleports) with both Fire Teams on the Boss when the Adds are down. When the Adds come I would stop taunting the boss with the GF & have the 3 DCs stay on the Boss with the 3 Tank Pets ping-pong taunting her. I would use the GF+DC (both ioun stones) to taunt the adds and then push them from the 2nd level to the 1st floor to keep them busy. If the Boss gets to close to the DCs I would briefly taunt with the GF to draw the boss away but then let the tank pets take over taunting so the GF+1DC can keep the Hulk adds busy. If you kill the hulks they just re-spawn so maybe best to just keep pushing them off the ledge...

Return to Neverwinter