FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

following / variable keystrokes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

graebeerd

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:24 am

following / variable keystrokes

trying to put together a 4 man team using the basic KISS config. I can't seem to get the variable keystrokes right.

When Slot1 says follow me,
Slot 2 targets and follows slot 1
slot 3 targets and follows slot 2 or 4 (cant remember)
and slot 4 targets and follows either 2 or 3.

They should all be targeting and following slot 1, but I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong.

I wouldnt be too worried about it because they all end up going to the same place, but I'm afraid it will affect enemy targeting as well.

When I invite and accept invites, I always follow the same order, but the group doesnt always come out in the same order for some reason.

http://pastebin.com/NPmdSJnL
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 am

Re: following / variable keystrokes

graebeerd wrote:trying to put together a 4 man team using the basic KISS config. I can't seem to get the variable keystrokes right.

When Slot1 says follow me,
Slot 2 targets and follows slot 1
slot 3 targets and follows slot 2 or 4 (cant remember)
and slot 4 targets and follows either 2 or 3.

They should all be targeting and following slot 1, but I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong.

I wouldnt be too worried about it because they all end up going to the same place, but I'm afraid it will affect enemy targeting as well.

When I invite and accept invites, I always follow the same order, but the group doesnt always come out in the same order for some reason.

http://pastebin.com/NPmdSJnL
I think taking Neverboxer and trying it for your 4man or 5man group is likely better than trying to extend KISS with the exception that extending the KISS approach will make you have to trace & replicate the code more but most people want to just be able to play and not have to understand all the steps/code. If your goal is to understand the details/steps/code behind ISBoxer controlling NeverWinter NeverBoxer has tons of features to study...

I will try to follow your posts & assist under the following thread and if for some reason you hit a dead end I can try to circle back on this and debug why your 3-4 slots don't behave like slot 2 in KISS:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4400&sid=452d022b478ec50e6791562e29271c0d#p19664
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Re: following / variable keystrokes

Got NeverBoxer 1.0 to allow follow/assist and targeting all without setting up variable keystrokes in ISBoxer's interface - its all now completely transparent to the multi-boxer. Was a real feat to figure out, but well worth it.

Like Nodoze said, I recommend you cut your teeth on NB Beta .9a and then move on to 1.0 when I finish it up at the end of the month...
- Sylver

Return to Neverwinter