FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TWEAK: How to get more SLOT1 FPS in Neverwinter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:50 am

TWEAK: How to get more SLOT1 FPS in Neverwinter

Was experimenting with various commands for the next NeverBoxer release and discovered a command, that when used on your SLOT2-5 characters, can yield increased FPS for the SLOT1. This is particularly useful on lower-end machines (like my laptop) where one can barely multi-box 2-3 characters.

On each of your SLOT2-5 characters, use the following command:

renderSize Xrez,yRez

where Xrez is the horizontal resolution of your rendered screen, and Yrez is the vertical resolution.

If you want max performance, then (lol) something crazy small like 20,20 will work but you won't see but a smudge.

Since you will want to occasionally switch to the SLOT2-5 screens and still want to be able to use them to move around, etc, I recommend the following:

renderSize 320,200

or

rendersize 640,400

Anything smaller doesnt really yield much more FPS.

Don't forget to use this command to compare your FPS increases --> showfps 1

Enjoy!
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Re: TWEAK: How to get more SLOT1 FPS in Neverwinter

My laptop is pretty beefy (Envy 17 3D with16GBram, i7, with 7850m) but struggles to do 5 clients.

I followed all of the stuff in your performance guide & am currently running the v0.9a version of NeverBoxer fine with 5 clients. The way I was able to make the performance decent is by doing everything in your performance guide PLUS the following:

- I run the Foreground window at 1920x1200 but all the background windows are at 1280x768 in the game settings. The background windows are still running in full size 1920x1200 isboxer windows & fill up my 30" monitor but inside the game they are lower resolution so I can see pixels and such (hopefully I explained that properly)... I had to resize & reposition the FX windows to see the 4 background windows on the Foreground and some of the icons are off/large in the background windows but otherwise it is all working fine and my foreground window (which is what I care most about) is nice....

- When running the ISboxer setup wizard I limited the background FPS's to 3 (can't do it except via the wizard as the standard UI only lets you set it to 10); That made a huge difference and I started a thread about that disparity in the general forums...

I am pretty happy with the setup as it is but when I get a chance I will try to remember to try those settings and see if they help... Thanks for sharing.
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:16 pm

nodoze wrote:My laptop is pretty beefy (Envy 17 3D with16GBram, i7, with 7850m) but struggles to do 5 clients.

- I run the Foreground window at 1920x1200 but all the background windows are at 1280x768 in the game settings. The background windows are still running in full size 1920x1200 isboxer windows & fill up my 30" monitor but inside the game they are lower resolution so I can see pixels and such (hopefully I explained that properly)... I had to resize & reposition the FX windows to see the 4 background windows on the Foreground and some of the icons are off/large in the background windows but otherwise it is all working fine and my foreground window (which is what I care most about) is nice....
- When running the ISboxer setup wizard I limited the background FPS's to 3 (can't do it except via the wizard as the standard UI only lets you set it to 10); That made a huge difference and I started a thread about that disparity in the general forums...
I am pretty happy with the setup as it is but when I get a chance I will try to remember to try those settings and see if they help... Thanks for sharing.

Nice workaround to get more performance at 1920x1200 using 1280x768! :geek:

The next NeverBoxer is coming in about a week and there are many many improvements. One of them is making all of the screens run at low rez automatically when they are not in focus. That means when you are using one screen for your character, all the remaining character screens are running at a much lower rez - but since they are in a mini-window, you don't even see the difference. :D I'm gaining about 5 FPS on my rig, so I imagine that people with slower computers will see a nicer FPS boost than this faster machine.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:52 am

nodoze wrote:...

I filed an enhancement request to allow a more flexible range of FPS settings without having to run the wizard and be careful not to go to that portion of the configs to not lose any setting less than 10 FPS.

My understanding is that as of ISBoxer 41.4.0718.1, FPS limit settings in Character Set Slots can now be 1-200 instead of 10-100.

You can find out what version of ISBoxer you are running by clicking on "Help > About ISBoxer Toolkit" in ISBoxer. If you aren't on the latest version it should tell you your current version and the latest version and there should be a link to download & auto-install it.

More details in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4361

Return to Neverwinter