FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FFXIV 'preliminary multiboxing tests'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:48 am

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

djein wrote:Out of idle curiosity when the Phase 3 Beta ends...can you guys still continue FFXIV ARR development on ISBoxer? Or do you need to wait until the Phase 4 open beta starts (pretty much the real start of the game).

PS. I would never spell Mireyes name wrong. Evar.

heh open beta will be this coming month because live will be 8/27 if I recall
<<

djein

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Well open beta won't be wiped...unless something huge happens and given the current state they have a really good handle on major exploits (lol neverwinter online). So..technically Open beta day #1 is the start of the game :D Then there will be a short shutdown before pre-launch where pre-orders will get in for 1-3 days and then the live release where your open beta characters are saved still. PHASE 3 is going to be wiped (what we just did).
<<

WaitWhat

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:56 pm

I've been kinda wondering, what causes the screen stutters with the mouse camera angle changing with ISBoxer? kinda confused why its happening cause I've never seen it happen with other games I've boxed.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:41 pm

WaitWhat wrote:I've been kinda wondering, what causes the screen stutters with the mouse camera angle changing with ISBoxer? kinda confused why its happening cause I've never seen it happen with other games I've boxed.

Every game handles input a little bit differently. Inner Space virtualizes your input stream in order to do things like precise mouse broadcasting to background windows. The way that FFXIV is handling mouselook is not currently playing nicely with the system. The probem manifests itself in this case as stuttering. It will take me additional time to correct the issue.
<<

WaitWhat

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:12 am

lax wrote:
WaitWhat wrote:I've been kinda wondering, what causes the screen stutters with the mouse camera angle changing with ISBoxer? kinda confused why its happening cause I've never seen it happen with other games I've boxed.

Every game handles input a little bit differently. Inner Space virtualizes your input stream in order to do things like precise mouse broadcasting to background windows. The way that FFXIV is handling mouselook is not currently playing nicely with the system. The probem manifests itself in this case as stuttering. It will take me additional time to correct the issue.

ooo ok, thank's for explaining that to me
Last edited by WaitWhat on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

wespash1w

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to all that have put in hard work to start getting FFXIV boxable, especially lax! Havent used your software in ages it seems with WoW but re-upped the sub for this. Keep up the good work all and please be kind as i am sure to be having a lot of questions come open beta :D !

Edit: As some what of a noob what would be a good game that is comparable to this one (if there is one and preferably free) that i can get some practice again in setting up character sets? I just remember having a hard time getting things to work and what not and more or less want to relearn how to work with the software to the best of my ability before open beta hits. I know things are rough still from the sounds of it as you guys are testing it and what not to make it as smooth as possible. But looking for a comparable game so i can get the basics down again. Thanks :)
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 4 "OPEN BETA" TBA

Well Lax their are going to be releasing a Brand new client for open beta/live so the one we have been using will have to be removed before new client install.

Hope its not to far off what you have been working on so far.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)

*Along with the completion of the beta test phase 3, the test client download is no longer available. The beta test client up until phase 3 will no longer come in use so please uninstall it from your system. The test client download for phase 4 will be announced at a later time.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:50 am

I think constantly changing the name of this thread is very confusing, because it's now labeled "Open Beta" when the first 8 pages have nothing to do about open beta nor the retail client. I think a more suited name would be something along the lines of 'bug testing' or 'preliminary multiboxing tests' or whatever.

We're also not going to see the next test until sometime after August 8th from what I understand, so I hope everyone's got another game to play in the meantime. ;)
<<

djein

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:54 am

Is it can be FFXIV subforum time now plez? <3 if not no worries i wait

EDIT: THANK U FOR THE FORUMS <3 E>
Previous

Return to Final Fantasy XIV